Power on / off

BHU

I am new to the device and forum , Can anybody help , How to get the standbye mode on my newly purchased wiim mini , that white light is always there i need to get it on standbye mode , as its a hassle to unplug the device always when not in use

The light should dim slightly when in standby/idle mode.
There's a menu option in the device settings to set the idle time.
There's also an option to turn off the status light.

Hi.

The WiiM mini automatically goes into standby mode after 2 minutes when the music stops. The LEDs will change from bright white to dark white.

In the WiiM home app, you can change the standby time in the "Standby mode" in the device settings. Tap the gear icon to the right of the WiiM mini card in the app's device menu to go to the device settings screen.

However, it should be noted that the standby mode of the WiiM is idling and the power consumption does not change. If you don't want to use it for a long time, you can use a smart power strip.

The light should dim slightly when in standby/idle mode.
There's a menu option in the device settings to set the idle time.
There's also an option to turn off the status light.
Thx for reply , How much power does it consumes in the stand-bye mode , Does it degrades the life of device when it is always connected to power ? Even in the standbye mode , Pls advise

Thx for reply , How much power does it consumes in the stand-bye mode , Does it degrades the life of device when it is always connected to power ? Even in the standbye mode , Pls advise
Others here who have measured it say approx 1.5W regardless of standby or not.
Does leaving them always on degrade life more than turning on and off each day? No idea.
I just leave mine on all the time, standby set to never.

Edit - actually, I think 1.5w is for the pro.
I think the mini is a fair bit less.

Edit two!

Last edited:
Mein Pro ist immer eingeschaltet. Standby geht schon seit Wochen nicht mehr. Woran kann’s liegen?

The prevailing wisdom is that it is turning electronics off and on decreases the lifespan of the item so you'll get a longer life if you leave it on.

Back