How to remove Alexa?

ArneT

I am a new WiiM user, having purchased a WiiM mini and connected it via optical (SPDIF) to my integrated amp of my hi-fi.

I’m really loving the sound and functionality of the little mini, but I have one issue…

The set up wizard strongly encouraged installing a smart assistant, and I decided to install Alexa. Having used the device for a few days I have no need for this and would like to uninstall it.

There doesn’t seem to be a setting in the WiiM home iOS app to do this (just change the language and toggle between HD on / off).

Can any of the forum members help?

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpeg
    IMG_0021.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 5
I am a new WiiM user, having purchased a WiiM mini and connected it via optical (SPDIF) to my integrated amp of my hi-fi.

I’m really loving the sound and functionality of the little mini, but I have one issue…

The set up wizard strongly encouraged installing a smart assistant, and I decided to install Alexa. Having used the device for a few days I have no need for this and would like to uninstall it.

There doesn’t seem to be a setting in the WiiM home iOS app to do this (just change the language and toggle between HD on / off).

Can any of the forum members help?

Sign out of Alexa here.
Browse > Music Services >Alexa icon

The WiiM home app does not install Alexa. You're just login to Alexa through the app.

Which music service do you use? If you use Amazon Music and wish to cast to your WiiM device using the Amazon Music app (if it’s supported in your region), you’ll need to remain signed to Alexa to use that casting feature which is called AlexaCast.

Equally, leaving your device signed in to Alexa has no impact if you don’t use the voice assistant.

Thank you very much for the comprehesive screenshots. I hadn’t noticed the browse icon at the bottom left of the WiiM home app as my thumb was obscuring it!! Sorry, as a WiiM newbie I am still finding my way around the GUI!!

Which music service do you use? If you use Amazon Music and wish to cast to your WiiM device using the Amazon Music app (if it’s supported in your region), you’ll need to remain signed to Alexa to use that casting feature which is called AlexaCast.

Equally, leaving your device signed in to Alexa has no impact if you don’t use the voice assistant.
I am only using Spotify currently.. I will be trying Tidal in a few weeks time once my new DAC arrives.

Thank you for the heads up re the impact of enabling/disabling Alexa. One to bear in mind if I decide to use Amazon music in the future.

Thank you very much for the comprehesive screenshots. I hadn’t noticed the browse icon at the bottom left of the WiiM home app as my thumb was obscuring it!! Sorry, as a WiiM newbie I am still finding my way around the GUI!!
No worries. 🤗

Back