OPEN LETTER TO THE ONLINE COMMUNITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard 1

Apparently Wiim marketing has forgotten about its implicit commitments to existing clients in its search for higher profits.

I strongly suggest that the CEO consider replacing those in charge of these policies as they can lead to serious damage to their reputation and loss of consumer confidence. Furthermore, Youtube influencers and Journalists must make sure to inform the public of how Wiim tries to upsell existing customers AFTER their purchases to force unwanted hardware repeat purchases at a higher price. You can read the complaint filed with their Customer Service Support. It will be amusing to see whether they address the issues, escalate it upstairs, or even reply with a form letter.

CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPLAINT FIILED ON MAY 5th 2024:

"Upon testing Wiim Home and Wiim Mini I purchased several Wiim Mini Wifi streamers for multiple in home applications. The quality of the audio using parametric gradient EQ is what brought me to make my purchases. Today Wiim home asked me to update the app on my iPhone only to find that the Parametric Gradient EQ feature of the app has been deleted."

I do not think it is acceptable to remove features from products to force existing customers to repeat their purchases weeks after making them. It is under US legislation called bait and switch illegal commercial practices for which there are serious legal and financial consequences for businesses convicted of such wrongdoings.

I wish to know how I can download a prior version of your Wiim Home app that restitutes this feature to my array of Wiim Mini products. Otherwise you must grant me a refund for all my purchases made and I will take my business elsewhere. It is not acceptable to remove features of products to force a higher priced repeat purchase.

I hope I won't be forced to take this matter to the Governmental regulatory authorities and to bring it to the attention of the specialized press. Without a positive resolution of this issue, meaning that you MUST ESCALATE the matter to your superiors in the legal and sales departments, I will have no choice but to declare war with Wiim.

Regards,

Richard 1

Professor of International Business Ethics

Sorbonne University of Paris Dauphine PSL

Escalated to admin, but suffice it to say that deleting and re-installing the app can often resolve issues like this. If not, then submitting a ticket via the feedback section in the app will allow WiiM technicians to identify the root cause and offer a solution. Nobody else has reported the removal of the PEQ feature for the WiiM Mini - indeed it still shows on my ipad and Android phone, and furthermore WiiM have said they're investigating bringing more bands to the PEQ feature for the Mini, not to removing it.

Closing comments pending a response from admin.

Apparently Wiim marketing has forgotten about its implicit commitments to existing clients in its search for higher profits.

I strongly suggest that the CEO consider replacing those in charge of these policies as they can lead to serious damage to their reputation and loss of consumer confidence. Furthermore, Youtube influencers and Journalists must make sure to inform the public of how Wiim tries to upsell existing customers AFTER their purchases to force unwanted hardware repeat purchases at a higher price. You can read the complaint filed with their Customer Service Support. It will be amusing to see whether they address the issues, escalate it upstairs, or even reply with a form letter.

CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPLAINT FIILED ON MAY 5th 2024:

"Upon testing Wiim Home and Wiim Mini I purchased several Wiim Mini Wifi streamers for multiple in home applications. The quality of the audio using parametric gradient EQ is what brought me to make my purchases. Today Wiim home asked me to update the app on my iPhone only to find that the Parametric Gradient EQ feature of the app has been deleted."

I do not think it is acceptable to remove features from products to force existing customers to repeat their purchases weeks after making them. It is under US legislation called bait and switch illegal commercial practices for which there are serious legal and financial consequences for businesses convicted of such wrongdoings.

I wish to know how I can download a prior version of your Wiim Home app that restitutes this feature to my array of Wiim Mini products. Otherwise you must grant me a refund for all my purchases made and I will take my business elsewhere. It is not acceptable to remove features of products to force a higher priced repeat purchase.

I hope I won't be forced to take this matter to the Governmental regulatory authorities and to bring it to the attention of the specialized press. Without a positive resolution of this issue, meaning that you MUST ESCALATE the matter to your superiors in the legal and sales departments, I will have no choice but to declare war with Wiim.

Regards,

Richard 1

Professor of International Business Ethics

Sorbonne University of Paris Dauphine PSL
Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. Please be assured that the 4-band PEQ has not been removed from the WiiM Mini. To help us investigate this issue further, could you please provide the firmware version of your WiiM Mini? Thank you for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back