Tidal audio resolving down to 16/44

kyledurlam

Tidal tracks, regardless of their stated resolution, are resolving down to 16 bits / 44.1 kHz in the Wiim Home app. Is anyone else experiencing this? Tidal on my desktop plays at highest res. Qobuz on Wiim Home app plays at highest res. Local files are playing at highest res. This is limited to Tidal on the Wiim app.

I have checked that firmware is up-to-date and updated the Wiim app on my iPad. I have tried different outputs (coax and optical), verified my audio quality settings are set to the highest setting, logged out of Tidal and back in. Seems like this started with the recent Wiim firmware update to 4.8.614042, but I can't say for sure. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tidal tracks, regardless of their stated resolution, are resolving down to 16 bits / 44.1 kHz in the Wiim Home app. Is anyone else experiencing this? Tidal on my desktop plays at highest res. Qobuz on Wiim Home app plays at highest res. Local files are playing at highest res. This is limited to Tidal on the Wiim app.

I have checked that firmware is up-to-date and updated the Wiim app on my iPad. I have tried different outputs (coax and optical), verified my audio quality settings are set to the highest setting, logged out of Tidal and back in. Seems like this started with the recent Wiim firmware update to 4.8.614042, but I can't say for sure. Thanks in advance for any help.
Did you set the max bit depth in WiiM app Tidal preferences? And what about playing with tidal connect? 1000020053.jpg

That was it. Frustrating that it could get reset, but now I know to keep an eye on it. Thank you.

Back