The "PERFECT WiiM Product"

Karlaka

Good morning, gentlemen. I dared to open this thread since I have arrived late to the discussions raised about the new Wiim products. I recently had the pleasure of listening to the Wiim Amp and I must say that I loved it. But if I must highlight a weak point, it is the power stage, its amplification section that falls short.
That said, in my opinion the perfect Wiim product would be a streamer with the same build quality as the Amp, with the same software, the same outputs and inputs, the same bass management (very important in my opinion). And it would leave the choice of a power stage to the discretion of the consumer.
Or otherwise, it would ensure a more capable and powerful amplification, but I think this would skyrocket the final price.
These are my thoughts. I welcome yours.

Esteban.

Good morning, gentlemen. I dared to open this thread since I have arrived late to the discussions raised about the new Wiim products. I recently had the pleasure of listening to the Wiim Amp and I must say that I loved it. But if I must highlight a weak point, it is the power stage, its amplification section that falls short.
That said, in my opinion the perfect Wiim product would be a streamer with the same build quality as the Amp, with the same software, the same outputs and inputs, the same bass management (very important in my opinion). And it would leave the choice of a power stage to the discretion of the consumer.
Or otherwise, it would ensure a more capable and powerful amplification, but I think this would skyrocket the final price.

Esteban.
Who knows, maybe the WiiM Ultra will be that - once we find out its release spec. See the WiiM Ultra thread for info, particularly this post https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-ultra.1731/post-33896

Hello, Brantome! I was watching that thread, but it is closed to new comments, and I didn't want to stop giving my opinion.
Greetings from Argentina!
Yeah, it unfortunately went a bit off the rails, but it was ending up with more speculation rather than information...

Hopefully we'll see the Ultra soon and we'll then have definitive specs to discuss :)

Esteban.
When we bought the Wiim Amp, I expected a "better sound card for the computer". And i am very satisfied, because for little money I got a lot of music (as they say).
If I want to examine every peak on the chart, like elsewhere on this forum, I won't buy a gadget but I will buy Mcintosh, T+A, Mark Levinson etc...
I think a lot of people confuse products. :)

An all-in-one gadget like the Wiim Amp is simply composed of affordable components and aims to be cheap and accessible to millions of customers. It's pointless to address its sound as if it were high-end :) Wiim Amp has no weak point for its price :)

Continuing with my line of thoughts, I would like to point out that in my opinion (and I think I speak for many other users) the most convenient thing would be to be able to separate the features that suffer from obsolescence from those that do not. This is why being able to have a streamer that has the aforementioned characteristics and be able to combine it, for example with a new low-budget monoblock amplifier, or a vintage power amplifier, would allow users to have a flexibility that no other offers. product on the market (actually Eversolo does, but the price is very high). I really wish I could experiment with these things as they are what open a door to new audiophiles and make this hobby go mainstream.
Thank you!

Cuando compramos el Wiim Amp, esperaba una "mejor tarjeta de sonido para la computadora". Y estoy muy satisfecho, porque por poco dinero conseguí mucha música (como dicen).
Si quiero examinar cada pico en el gráfico, como en otras partes de este foro, no compraré un dispositivo, pero compraré Mcintosh, T+A, Mark Levinson, etc.
Creo que mucha gente confunde los productos.:)

Un dispositivo todo en uno como el Wiim Amp se compone simplemente de componentes asequibles y pretende ser barato y accesible para millones de clientes. De nada sirve abordar su sonido como si fuera gama alta :) Wiim Amp no tiene ningún punto débil por su precio:)

Totally agree, PatriX!
I do not intend to make absolute measurements or subject exhaustive judgments to a product that costs little more than a couple of dinners. But if we can express our ideas and they are agreed upon with many users, perhaps we will obtain a product that is just as cheap, that better suits our needs. By this I mean that perhaps they can save on the power stage (which in my opinion is where the WiiM Amp finds its limitations) and put the efforts elsewhere.
My ideal would be an aluminum box, with the transmission capabilities of the Plus and with the bass management of the Amp and its connections (balanced outputs are welcome!)
I hope these comments are not taken as speculation but rather as expressions of wish.
Greetings!

We need a wiim amp pro. Which would contain the dac from the pro plus and an upgraded amp stage. Sell it for $600-700 and really scare the mainstream!

I have wiim mini, pro and amp. They sound good on their respective price range and their extensive skills on software made their devices from evolution to revolutionary. Let’s go back in time since mini was released it wasn’t bit perfect now it’s bit perfect. They were incorporate Amazon cast as their followed project, mqa and now room correction and usb out that were on progress. I don’t know any company will do much at price that most can afford. The room correction that’s on beta made sound great. The automated was fast and get result in few minutes. I’m looking forward what ultra can bring in term of specs.

Esteban.

I’ve been saying this for a few months. A WiiM Pre - the Amp without the amplification stage.

Only things I’d change, maybe use the same DAC as the Pro Plus, and maybe one or two more inputs.

When we bought the Wiim Amp, I expected a "better sound card for the computer". And i am very satisfied, because for little money I got a lot of music (as they say).
If I want to examine every peak on the chart, like elsewhere on this forum, I won't buy a gadget but I will buy Mcintosh, T+A, Mark Levinson etc...
I think a lot of people confuse products. :)

An all-in-one gadget like the Wiim Amp is simply composed of affordable components and aims to be cheap and accessible to millions of customers. It's pointless to address its sound as if it were high-end :) Wiim Amp has no weak point for its price :)
when you buy an amp the most important part is the amp section!

Hello,

I created a minimal list of most wanted features for the new WIIM Ultra. Please vote too and check the features you would like to have. Keep in mind that we all want to keep the price reasonable, please :)

Thanks. As mentioned previously, there was a long thread on the WiiM Ultra that was closed to further comments, in part to put an end to the endless and repetitive speculation around what it will or won’t be. Given that its design is probably complete and units already being produced for pre release testing, I don’t see any point in re-opening that discussion - we’ll find out in a month or so what the Ultra will offer.

The WiiM Amp needs a headphone jack.
Can you not use the Bluetooth function with a reasonable pair of Bluetooth cans, like the Sony wh-x1000xm4?

An upgraded amp stage is what a new wiim amp needs, other than that it's perfect (perhaps 2 line ins?), hell as it is, it's perfect for an office system.

Can you not use the Bluetooth function with a reasonable pair of Bluetooth cans, like the Sony wh-x1000xm4?

An upgraded amp stage is what a new wiim amp needs, other than that it's perfect (perhaps 2 line ins?), hell as it is, it's perfect for an office system.
A number of forum users have reported issues with the Amp's Bluetooth output

Good morning from the southern hemisphere, gentlemen.
It is really not my intention to reopen a debate speculating about the different features that the new Wiim product should or should not have. I'm just late to the other thread and wanted to express my opinion. The design must definitely be finished and in production, but sometimes it can happen that there are last minute changes and something is modified. In fact, before the Wiim Amp came out, we were talking about an AKM chip in charge of the conversion and finally it was an ESS-Sabre.
I fully agree with Steve Woodhouse that if you cannot drastically improve the power stage, it would be best to get a Wiim Pre. Or otherwise, greatly improve the amplification section with the consequent increase in price.
Best wishes to all of you!

Good morning from the southern hemisphere, gentlemen.
It is really not my intention to reopen a debate speculating about the different features that the new Wiim product should or should not have. I'm just late to the other thread and wanted to express my opinion. The design must definitely be finished and in production, but sometimes it can happen that there are last minute changes and something is modified. In fact, before the Wiim Amp came out, we were talking about an AKM chip in charge of the conversion and finally it was an ESS-Sabre.
I fully agree with Steve Woodhouse that if you cannot drastically improve the power stage, it would be best to get a Wiim Pre. Or otherwise, greatly improve the amplification section with the consequent increase in price.
Best wishes to all of you!
I think given that there are products out there for $700 that don't offer any of the software bonuses, or the form factor WiiM has, there's a space in the market for a $600 - $700 "Amp Pro" or "Amp Plus" with these changes.

I take this opportunity to tell the people at LinkPlay that in South America, or more precisely in Argentina, there is no representation of their products and it is very difficult to import them. I think that the market of consumers present here is very broad.
A test unit would be very convenient to promote and advertise the product.

Back