Sound quality difference Plex vs. Amazon Unlimited through the Wiim

Agreed, I was just disagreeing with using bit perfect to describe file transmission
ah, I just replied to you cause you were the bottom of the thread...LoL
My post is an attempt to explain where more of the problems in streaming services are. Sometimes, the service doesn't give the mastering information of the song, but many I've seen do show a mastering date in brackets, for example
So, it is true that some services (yeah, Spotify) aren't even streaming "losslessly", but I believe that, of the services that do offer lossless streaming, I'd guess that many of those are "remastered" sources and there enlies the real problem with the quality
For really modern music, it's that damned autotune and overproduction that kills it, with often DR levels of less than 5 dB
So I wasn't really moving on your post, but I was really just trying to straighten out some thoughts I've seen through this thread

ah, I just replied to you cause you were the bottom of the thread...LoL
My post is an attempt to explain where more of the problems in streaming services are. Sometimes, the service doesn't give the mastering information of the song, but many I've seen do show a mastering date in brackets, for example
So, it is true that some services (yeah, Spotify) aren't even streaming "losslessly", but I believe that, of the services that do offer lossless streaming, I'd guess that many of those are "remastered" sources and there enlies the real problem with the quality
For really modern music, it's that damned autotune and overproduction that kills it, with often DR levels of less than 5 dB
So I wasn't really moving on your post, but I was really just trying to straighten out some thoughts I've seen through this thread
They only can work with what they get supplied by the studios and licensed to stream. Not much they can do as the studios always push the latest and what they feel is the greatest. To blame the services themselves is wrong as nothing they can do.

They only can work with what they get supplied by the studios and licensed to stream. Not much they can do as the studios always push the latest and what they feel is the greatest. To blame the services themselves is wrong as nothing they can do.
Absolutely
I don't blame Lyle Lovett either
It's MCA Records that are trying to get loud enough to be heard amongst all the other noise
Music is Art
Corporations eat art

Back