Can I stream my songs directly from phone storage using Wiim app?

My phone has 265 Gb storage. Its enough for me i think. I can use the streamingservices and playing files from my smartphone. Best of both worlds i totaly agree. Havent tried to play files directly from my phone but i will do this later...very glad to have this function too.
If the indexing through My Music in the WiiM Home app is too limited for you (Artist, Album and Folder) you can always install KODI on the tablet, have it index your files then access KODI over DLNA (Settings > Services > UPnP\DLNA within KODI) from Home Music Services within the WiiM Home app.

Attachments

• 1000008069-01.jpeg
    1000008069-01.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 2
I've been using EAC for many, many years, but have switched to MusicBee for everything from ripping to tagging to playing (the latter hardly ever happens) on my PC.

Very powerful and competent program (sync functions with various external storage media is particularly useful). Easy GUI for the easy stuff, but takes a little learning for the less obvious goodies and great features (like automatic renaming of files, following individual rules, as needed).

Thanks everyone for all the tips and help.
I am very thankful for this!
Have to practice a little bit hoe to rip the CDs in the best way ,but I'm willing to learn.😊😊

Later I will buy an tablet I think it's useful besides the smartphone πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Thanks everyone for all the tips and help.
I am very thankful for this!
Have to practice a little bit hoe to rip the CDs in the best way ,but I'm willing to learn.😊😊

Later I will buy an tablet I think it's useful besides the smartphone πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘
Not sure where your location is but there are many great used tablets on eBay, FBMP, etc. Be prepared to possibly swap out a battery if going this route.

As far as ripping my CDs, since audio quality was always my main criteria, I rip uncompressed as a WAV file. Storage is so cheap that mp3, even 320kb, just seems unnecessary, at least for me.

Not sure where your location is but there are many great used tablets on eBay, FBMP, etc. Be prepared to possibly swap out a battery if going this route.

As far as ripping my CDs, since audio quality was always my main criteria, I rip uncompressed as a WAV file. Storage is so cheap that mp3, even 320kb, just seems unnecessary, at least for me.
I'm going to look out for it.
Thanks for your reply.
I will rip them also in the best possible way.
Looking forward listening to my cd,s again with the Wiimamp..πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘

I'm going to look out for it.
Thanks for your reply.
I will rip them also in the best possible way.
Looking forward listening to my cd,s again with the Wiimamp..πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘
Whilst I agree in ripping to lossless (a bit-perfect copy of the original audio), FLAC is better in every way to WAV e.g. tag support/compatibility, file size, error checking e.t.c.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree in ripping to lossless (a bit-perfect copy of the original audio), FLAC is better in every way to WAV e.g. tag support/compatibility, file size, error checking e.t.c.
Thanks for your help. Appreciate this very much. I will choose flac then.
Many many thanks for helping me ..πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Back