Weird issue with WiiM app not seeing all files from Plex

IAMSTIG

I have an odd issue that I'm looking for insight into. I use Plex as my media server and it's been rock solid as a server to my AppleTV and PlexAmp. I now have a Wiim Pro so enabled DNLA on Plex and I can see the server and 98% of the music files. For some reason WiiM app on my phone can't see some songs despite Plex seeing them fine. I cloned my music folder over to the music folder on my Windows 11 box and enabled DNLA in windows and when I view those same files in the WiiM app I now see those missing songs which to me points towards an issue with Plex not WiiM. I don't have an issue using Windows as my DNLA server for music as I'm the only one in the house that cares enough as the rest just use Spotify through the AppleTV but I'd like to understand why the WiiM app can't see the missing songs when connecting to the Plex server vs the Windows DNLA server. I did try fixing the meta tags but that didn't resolve anything.

Check with another app such as BubbleUPnP or mconnect to see if the missing files are visible.
Is it whole albums or specific tracks that are missing?
It shouldn't be possible for the odd album/track to be missing (if being fed the correct listing from Plex), but results have been truncated before, and still are I think with KODI.

Last edited:
mconnect shows the same pattern as WiiM where for example the Corrs album is empty in WiiM and Mconnect but populated under Plex.

Are you running Plex on a NAS or a Linux machine? If so check the file ownership and permissions compared to one you can see.

It's on a windows 11 box. The WiiM app can see almost ever other song on the server it's just a couple it can't seem to see. Its not a big deal for me to simply use the DNLA server in windows and move the music to that folder I'm just more curious why Plex's DNLA server is causing issues.

If Plex shows the tracks through PlexAmp then it can't be a permissions issue.
It must be a bug somewhere in it's DLNA implementation.

If you're serving your files from Windows you'd be better off with the free version of MinimServer. Windows Media Sharing has problems with search and track ordering on multi disc albums, and track artists are displayed correctly in the WiiM app through MinimServer unlike most other servers.

I use both Asset and Twonky as servers. Using the home app Twonky does not display a full file list but Asset shows the full list. However if I do a search the files are found even if they are not listed so it is probably a minor glitch within the home app. I have raised many a ticket to this effect but the problem has persisted since the get go.

I use both Asset and Twonky as servers. Using the home app Twonky does not display a full file list but Asset shows the full list.
That sounds like the same problem we see with KODI.
The WiiM app requests pages of items at a time but seems to stop before it reaches the end.

A little more trail and error and it seems to be related to how I browse the library. If I browse by artist WiiM shows the lists but can't seem to see the Corrs Unplugged album and songs. If however, I browse by folder I can see everything so it seems to be the way Plex is pushing out the artists that is causing the issue. Regardless now that I can find the songs using the folder view method I can stop looking at alternative DNLA servers and get back the to the mucis.

A little more trail and error and it seems to be related to how I browse the library. If I browse by artist WiiM shows the lists but can't seem to see the Corrs Unplugged album and songs. If however, I browse by folder I can see everything so it seems to be the way Plex is pushing out the artists that is causing the issue. Regardless now that I can find the songs using the folder view method I can stop looking at alternative DNLA servers and get back the to the mucis.
Doesn't PlexAmp play to the Pro using Chromecast? I know it won't be gapless, but the interface will be better then the WiiM Home app.

It might. To be honest though i really only need to access my server for the high resolution songs when I'm in a serious listening session so the ui of the WiiM app is fine....for everything else I just cast from Spotify.

The WiiM Home App has just updated to Version 2.8.0.240111 and I can confirm that Twonky now displays the full library. Many thanks to the developers.
My other server is Asset and it has been and still working faultlessly as well

Back