WIIM Pro Plus doesn't list all content on NAS

Agon123

I have a very similar issue for Twonky and DLNA server as reported for Plex (https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/weird-issue-with-wiim-app-not-seeing-all-files-from-plex.2312/): The WIIM Home App sees my DLNA and Twonky servers on my QNAP NAS, but lists stops loading the full list of Artists or Albums beyond a certain number. For instance, at the moment, I can only see artists from A up to part of M. I am able to see the full list on these same servers via VLC on either a Mac or a Windows machine, and also if I browse the Artist Index option on the WIIM Home App. In the latter, I can browse to "M" or any other letter down to Z to locate the artists/albums on my server.

I also have LMS (logitech media server) running on the same NAS and I can see all of the content when I browse from my phone (via a browser page). Finally, I also tried streaming from the Plex server on the NAS via the WIIM Home App and I can see all artists from A-Z. While Plex works I'd prefer to use Twonky as it's faster than the Plex app.

I have tried restarting the twonky and DLNA servers, rescanning the music folder, etc., deleting/reinstalling the app, etc., but still have the same issue. I also submitted a ticket several weeks ago.

But I wanted to see if others have found a permanent solution (rather than having to resort to using the Artist Index).

PS I've only had the WIIM Pro Plus for about 1 month and am otherwise enjoying. I also recall not having this issue with the Twonky server when I first set up the WIIM Home App.

Last edited:
We have resolved the issue where the WiiM Home app failed to display all content from the Twonky Media Server. A new, updated version of the app will be released in the coming days. Additionally, we are currently investigating and addressing a similar issue with the Plex Media Server.
With the new version of the app all the lists from my Twonky Media Server go from A to Z

I just upgraded Wiim Home app to 2.8.0.24011218. It still does not list files from A to Z against my Twonky Media Server. Same result as the previous app version. I am using a Wiim Amp.

I just upgraded Wiim Home app to 2.8.0.24011218. It still does not list files from A to Z against my Twonky Media Server. Same result as the previous app version. I am using a Wiim Amp.
Are you saying that the lists are incomplete or in the wrong order? The first post in this thread was about the listings being incomplete.
How does Twonky look in BubbleUPnP or mconnect?

Are you saying that the lists are incomplete or in the wrong order? The first post in this thread was about the listings being incomplete.
How does Twonky look in BubbleUPnP or mconnect?
The order is incomplete. When I list Genre/Artist/Album and Genre/Album, it stops at "M" and "H" respectively. I have 3000+ albums. It seems to stop at about 250 - 300. Interestly, when I list by Folder, it will list "A" to "B", then big gap, then "W" to the end. There seems to be a limit of how many records the list will return.

I also have a Yamaha network receiver using MusicCast against the same Twonky server. No issue there.

The order is incomplete. When I list Genre/Artist/Album and Genre/Album, it stops at "M" and "H" respectively. I have 3000+ albums. It seems to stop at about 250 - 300. Interestly, when I list by Folder, it will list "A" to "B", then big gap, then "W" to the end. There seems to be a limit of how many records the list will return.

I also have a Yamaha network receiver using MusicCast against the same Twonky server. No issue there.
Have you got an iOS and Android device you can test with?
Seems strange that some have reported it as fixed yet you're still having issues.
i've got to assume you're all on the same version of Twonky given it appears to have ceased development.

Have you got an iOS and Android device you can test with?
Seems strange that some have reported it as fixed yet you're still having issues.
i've got to assume you're all on the same version of Twonky given it appears to have ceased development.
Good suggestion. Issue seems to be fixed (for the most part) on Android. On my Android tablet, "Genre/Artist/Album" "Genre/Album", and "By Folder" list all from "A" to "Z". But "Artist/Album" stops at "C". I usually list by "Genre..." so I can live with my Android tablet.

iOS still has the same issue. Not fixed.

On Android, Wiim App version 2.8.0.240111.od4cc6
On iOS, Wiim App version 2.8.0.24011218

iOS still has the same issue. Not fixed.
Does the changelog on the iOS app indicate Twonky fixes?

I don't really understand how these problems arise. I appreciate Twonky is quite niche but it has happened before with KODI and Plex!

If you haven't customised Twonky via XML and you're using it as a Music server through an app like WiiM then you may want to consider MinimServer.
The free version will give you nearly everything you get from Twonky except artwork on the indexes which is only available in the licensed version. It also shows the complete list of track artists within the WiiM app which Twonky doesn't.
The licensed version goes much further but you may not need that.

Does the changelog on the iOS app indicate Twonky fixes?

I don't really understand how these problems arise. I appreciate Twonky is quite niche but it has happened before with KODI and Plex!

If you haven't customised Twonky via XML and you're using it as a Music server through an app like WiiM then you may want to consider MinimServer.
The free version will give you nearly everything you get from Twonky except artwork on the indexes which is only available in the licensed version. It also shows the complete list of track artists within the WiiM app which Twonky doesn't.
The licensed version goes much further but you may not need that.
My Twonky - see screenshot above - is a very old (5.1.6) but licensed version. It clearly has issues on latest iOS app where, as an example the screenshot shows the listing of Artist/Index runs to the middle of C then jumps to the middle of P. Twonky's own web interface does not show this behaviour. For information it does show all Track Artists. Plex now seems to be OK though.

Obviously I am not too bothered about either and will be switching off Twonky later today.

My Twonky - see screenshot above - is a very old (5.1.6) but licensed version. It clearly has issues on latest iOS app where, as an example the screenshot shows the listing of Artist/Index runs to the middle of C then jumps to the middle of P.
I used up another email address trialling Twonky this morning :)

The 'Artist Index' subsets Artists by first letter doesn't it, are you saying that in the ABC index it shows artists beginning with P, or were you referring to the 'Artist' index?

It’s a copy of my full library. Easily 4500 artists
The screenshot doesn't look like the first and last 2000 though (WiiM requests 2000 at a time), so maybe Twonky won't deliver 2000 at a time and the WiiM can't handle it.
How to test that...

hello all, I have similar problem,

I`m using Wiim pro for one month and device works flawlessly...but I have trouble with Wiim app. on my PC I use Mezzmo server for my audio files.

when I start to scroll from fist album (usually alphabetically) , app scrolls to album 275 (aprox letter M and stop like it`s the end od albums, but I still have from letter M to Z.
I tried to restart Mezzmo app on my PC and reinstall Wiim app on my phone. no luck. I can`t say weather this was problem from beginning, can`t say I`ve noticed that.
But before that I was using Bubble upnp app on my phone while I had Denon streamer and Bubble app doesn`t have such problems.

any help?

Last edited:
Back