WiiM Pro Plus not seeing any of my servers

Rnspears

Hello. Been struggling with this issue for a few weeks. I have a new WiiM Pro Plus plugged into my home amp via optical. The WiiM pro app sees and plays the music on my iPhone however does not see any of my music servers.
I have tested using mconnect on my phone and it sees bubble UPnP from my tablet fine. But WiiM Pro plus does see it.
Twonky Server, Bubble UPnP and Windows Media player all see WiiM Pro and will pass music to my amplifier.
However using the WiiM Pro Home software under Browse, MY MUSIC and Home Music Share it doesn't see any servers.

is there a pattern here or some setting I am missing?

Thanks. Rick

@Rnspears

As long as you're looking under Home Music Share then you're doing it right.

The WiiM app likely won't see BubbleUPnP (there's been a discovery issue for a while) but it should see Twonky and Windows Media Sharing.

Trying another control point is exactly what we'd normally suggest, but you have, and you say it discovers all the other servers, is that correct?

Have you got another device you could try the WiiM Home App on? The only other thing I can think of is to try reinstalling the app. This is a strange one!

Hello simbun, So all the servers see WiiM Pro but WiiM Pro doesn't see any of them. I tried Twonky and Windows Media Sharing and Bubble UPnP. They all see WiiM Pro and will play to my amplifier connected to WiiM Pro. But WiiM pro does not see any of them.
I guess I will reinstall and try. Thanks.

Solved finally!! It finally occurred to me the potential problem. I have NORD VPN on my iPhone. I completely forget about it.
Turned it off and all of the sudden Bubble UPnP , Twonky and Windows Media Player all suddenly showed up in Home Music Share!!
thanks all.

Solved finally!! It finally occurred to me the potential problem. I have NORD VPN on my iPhone. I completely forget about it.
That explains why the WiiM Home app couldn't see them but not how mconnect could. Can you make app exceptions?

Last edited:
Back