WIIM Pro Plus doesn't list all content on NAS

Agon123

I have a very similar issue for Twonky and DLNA server as reported for Plex (https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/weird-issue-with-wiim-app-not-seeing-all-files-from-plex.2312/): The WIIM Home App sees my DLNA and Twonky servers on my QNAP NAS, but lists stops loading the full list of Artists or Albums beyond a certain number. For instance, at the moment, I can only see artists from A up to part of M. I am able to see the full list on these same servers via VLC on either a Mac or a Windows machine, and also if I browse the Artist Index option on the WIIM Home App. In the latter, I can browse to "M" or any other letter down to Z to locate the artists/albums on my server.

I also have LMS (logitech media server) running on the same NAS and I can see all of the content when I browse from my phone (via a browser page). Finally, I also tried streaming from the Plex server on the NAS via the WIIM Home App and I can see all artists from A-Z. While Plex works I'd prefer to use Twonky as it's faster than the Plex app.

I have tried restarting the twonky and DLNA servers, rescanning the music folder, etc., deleting/reinstalling the app, etc., but still have the same issue. I also submitted a ticket several weeks ago.

But I wanted to see if others have found a permanent solution (rather than having to resort to using the Artist Index).

PS I've only had the WIIM Pro Plus for about 1 month and am otherwise enjoying. I also recall not having this issue with the Twonky server when I first set up the WIIM Home App.

Last edited:
I have tried restarting the twonky and DLNA servers, rescanning the music folder, etc., deleting/reinstalling the app, etc., but still have the same issue. I also submitted a ticket several weeks ago.
You mention 'twonky and DLNA servers', are other servers affected as I believe Plex and KODI were fixed in December?

At the moment it sounds like a bug in the WiiM Home app when connecting specifically to Twonky servers, which would need a WiiM app fix.

Last edited:
You mention 'twonky and DLNA servers', are other servers affected as I believe Plex and KODI were fixed in December?

At the moment it sounds like a bug in the WiiM Home app when connecting specifically to Twonky servers, which would need a WiiM app fix.
It's great to see that the issue with Plex and Kodi are fixed now. I seem to recall seeing the same bug in Plex when I first noticed the issue on the Twonky server.

I have the DLNA media server turned on my QNAP NAS, as well as the Twonky Server. On the WIIM Home App I can see both the "TwonkyMedia" and "DLNA-QNAP" servers (as well as the "Plex Media Server").

I have the DLNA media server turned on my QNAP NAS, as well as the Twonky Server. On the WIIM Home App I can see both the "TwonkyMedia" and "DLNA-QNAP" servers (as well as the "Plex Media Server").
I don't have a QNAP to test with and I've exhausted all my Twonky trials already so I'm not able to test that either unfortunately.
The WiiM Home app requests 2000 items at a time from the server and when it's had problems before we've seen it stop at that first page, so it sounds very similar.

If you haven't customised Twonky the free version of MinimServer might serve you well; it has everything the default Twonky gives you except Favourites and Ratings. It's particularly suited to the WiiMs as it's one of the only servers where the WiiM Home app displays multi-value track artists. It also has a full UPnP search implementation which I know Plex is missing.

Other than that I'm afraid I can't offer much more help.

I don't have a QNAP to test with and I've exhausted all my Twonky trials already so I'm not able to test that either unfortunately.
The WiiM Home app requests 2000 items at a time from the server and when it's had problems before we've seen it stop at that first page, so it sounds very similar.

If you haven't customised Twonky the free version of MinimServer might serve you well; it has everything the default Twonky gives you except Favourites and Ratings. It's particularly suited to the WiiMs as it's one of the only servers where the WiiM Home app displays multi-value track artists. It also has a full UPnP search implementation which I know Plex is missing.

Other than that I'm afraid I can't offer much more help.
Thanks for the background and for the alternative suggestion. I’ll look into installing the MinimServer on QNAP. I look for either the docker or .qpk version but if you have suggestions where to find a stable version, id appreciate it.

Edit: if you want to change the 2000 to 20,000 and use me as a beta tester I’d be happy to give you feedback ;)

Thanks for the background and for the alternative suggestion. I’ll look into installing the MinimServer on QNAP. I look for either the docker or .qpk version but if you have suggestions where to find a stable version, id appreciate it.
You should be able to follow this guide, but if you have any problems just ask on the MinimServer forum as the support is excellent.
There is a licensed version, but to make the most of that you'd probably want to use a better app and have extensive metadata.

Last edited:

Edit: if you want to change the 2000 to 20,000 and use me as a beta tester I’d be happy to give you feedback ;)
Minimserver for qnap is a standard application - no need to find docker or qpk.

Would A-M be around the 10,000 file mark?

I installed Minimserver and am really liking it and am likely to get the full license. There is a learning curve as far as using the advanced features, but am getting the hang of the language and the range of capabilities. For instance, I was able to change the display of the track being played from just "TrackTitle" to "[D# T#] Tracktitle" (some of my albums span multiple discs) and also sort the Artist list by Album Artist (rather than track Artist).

I have only about 6000 tracks and about 700 albums. Albums go from A to H(part). So just taking a wild guess, artists from A-M seems about the 2k-3k range. Based on my 4hrs of experience with Minimserver I am likely to stick with it even if WIIM fixes the bug (but will keep the Twonky server as a backup).

Thanks for your suggestion!

Last edited:
You should be able to follow this guide, but if you have any problems just ask on the MinimServer forum as the support is excellent.
There is a licensed version, but to make the most of that you'd probably want to use a better app and have extensive metadata.
Thanks again for the Minimserver suggestion. It is definitely superior to Twonky.

Thanks again for the Minimserver suggestion. It is definitely superior to Twonky.
Indeed!

The only "issue" I found with minimserver was that it didn't automatically rescan for library updates.
You can manually trigger an update from within the minimserver settings within qnap, or I usually use bubbleupnp to play from my qnap/minimserver and you can trigger a rescan from there too.
Another option is to configure minimserver within the qnap to restart on a schedule, say at 3am daily, and it will rescan on startup.

I installed Minimserver and am really liking it and am likely to get the full license. There is a learning curve as far as using the advanced features, but am getting the hang of the language and the range of capabilities. For instance, I was able to change the display of the track being played from just "TrackTitle" to "[D# T#] Tracktitle" (some of my albums span multiple discs) and also sort the Artist list by Album Artist (rather than track Artist).
I'm impressed that you're getting up to speed already. The options are a little daunting to most, and the documentation - whilst extensive - a little text heavy.

If you've already scanned your music with Plex or LMS then you can (with a little work to export them) use the artist images they've scraped within MinimServer.

If you're only using the WiiM app for local music then you take your experience to another level with apps like BubbleUPnP or Hi-Fi Cast, but even when using the WiiM app MinimServer makes it much more usable.

Only if you have a modern QNAP. It is no longer available on my TS-419 which must now be pushing 15 years old. (Still works as a NAS though with NFS mounts from three servers.)

I have a very similar issue for Twonky and DLNA server as reported for Plex (https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/weird-issue-with-wiim-app-not-seeing-all-files-from-plex.2312/): The WIIM Home App sees my DLNA and Twonky servers on my QNAP NAS, but lists stops loading the full list of Artists or Albums beyond a certain number. For instance, at the moment, I can only see artists from A up to part of M. I am able to see the full list on these same servers via VLC on either a Mac or a Windows machine, and also if I browse the Artist Index option on the WIIM Home App. In the latter, I can browse to "M" or any other letter down to Z to locate the artists/albums on my server.

I also have LMS (logitech media server) running on the same NAS and I can see all of the content when I browse from my phone (via a browser page). Finally, I also tried streaming from the Plex server on the NAS via the WIIM Home App and I can see all artists from A-Z. While Plex works I'd prefer to use Twonky as it's faster than the Plex app.

But I wanted to see if others have found a permanent solution (rather than having to resort to using the Artist Index).

PS I've only had the WIIM Pro Plus for about 1 month and am otherwise enjoying. I also recall not having this issue with the Twonky server when I first set up the WIIM Home App.
If you have LMS and a WiiM Pro why not use the Squeezelite client on the Pro?

If you have LMS and a WiiM Pro why not use the Squeezelite client on the Pro?
Pardon my noob-ness -- I have the LMS server installed on the QNAP Container and am able to stream to the WIIM Pro+ using the webpage interface (using the Material skin as well). Is there an option in WIIM Home App to "turn" on the LMS source? Is the Squeezlite client an add-on for the WIIM Home App?

This explanation doesn't actually say "how" to use Squeezelite on the app, and describes what I'm doing already with the LMS: https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/so...e-wiim-pro-wiim-pro-plus-amp-with-squeezelite

Can you explain a little more? I've only had the WIIM for a month so am still learning what works best with it. Thanks for any tips you might have to make the most of it.

Pardon my noob-ness -- I have the LMS server installed on the QNAP Container and am able to stream to the WIIM Pro+ using the webpage interface (using the Material skin as well). Is there an option in WIIM Home App to "turn" on the LMS source? Is the Squeezlite client an add-on for the WIIM Home App?

This explanation doesn't actually say "how" to use Squeezelite on the app, and describes what I'm doing already with the LMS: https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/so...e-wiim-pro-wiim-pro-plus-amp-with-squeezelite

Can you explain a little more? I've only had the WIIM for a month so am still learning what works best with it. Thanks for any tips you might have to make the most of it.
If you can see the WiiM as a player in Material then you are using the Squeezelite player and if you use it this way you should be able to play ALL of your music. No need to seek out another media server.

If you can see the WiiM as a player in Material then you are using the Squeezelite player and if you use it this way you should be able to play ALL of your music. No need to seek out another media server.
Gotcha! The main reason is that I had a pretty difficult time installing LMS in the first place. Originally neither the .qpk or Container versions would scan my /share/Music folder even after I had given r/w permission to the LMS. I was finally able to find instructions for the Container version that worked, but this re-inforced the negative experiences I had in the past with other Container-based apps and decided to not have LMS as the main music server and have redundancy built-in in case one of the server-solutions stopped working. Which is exactly what happened with Twonky.
It's a journey for sure right now for me, but for the moment I would prefer to use the WIIM Home App.

Gotcha! The main reason is that I had a pretty difficult time installing LMS in the first place. Originally neither the .qpk or Container versions would scan my /share/Music folder even after I had given r/w permission to the LMS. I was finally able to find instructions for the Container version that worked, but this re-inforced the negative experiences I had in the past with other Container-based apps and decided to not have LMS as the main music server and have redundancy built-in in case one of the server-solutions stopped working. Which is exactly what happened with Twonky.
It's a journey for sure right now for me, but for the moment I would prefer to use the WIIM Home App.
Trying to be objective.
The WiiM devices are very capable players.
The WiiM Home App is still not very good when it comes to interaction with UPnP/DLNA servers.
There are some other areas in the App that are in need of improvement. It is good for setting the device up though.

My 2p would be to give LMS a long term trial. There is nothing in the WiiM Home App that isn't in LMS except Amazon Music / Alexa. LMS implementations of Radio Paradise, BBC Sounds and Internet radio generally are better than in the WiiM Home App.

We have resolved the issue where the WiiM Home app failed to display all content from the Twonky Media Server. A new, updated version of the app will be released in the coming days. Additionally, we are currently investigating and addressing a similar issue with the Plex Media Server.

I have a Plex server running on a Synology NAS and it fails to display numerous albums when viewing in the artist category. The workaround I found was to view the files using by Folder option and you can see all the albums and files.

It would be sweet to get native Plex integration within WiiM and super sweet if the interface was given some attention for using the Home Media Server option currently looks terrible.

Back