New to WiiM with the amp - Great so far

RedkKen

Arrived back from the holidays to see our WiiM amp had arrived from Amazon UK.

It's replacing an older Bose SA4 amp that drives a pair of Bose Environmental 251 outdoor speakers in our Garden - Bose no longer updates or innovates the SA4 and have been looking for a more integrated experience - And wow, WiiM hits the spot.

The amp is in our loft where the speakers terminate - Attached some Nakamichi banana plugs to the speakers that I ordered from Amazon at the same time Here

Powered on the amp and followed the onscreen WiiM app instructions on iPhone - Initially firmware would not update and failed, so skipped over it for a while.

Paired the remote easily and then started streaming with Spotify, Apple Music, TuneIn and a few other streaming sources.

Once I'd come downstairs the firmware update connected and worked fine and it looks like the remote will work from the kitchen to the loft to initially power on and select an initial stream.

Overall - sounds much better than the old 9 year old SA4 - Works well with Spotify, Airplay 2 and Chromecasting

Arrived back from the holidays to see our WiiM amp had arrived from Amazon UK.

It's replacing an older Bose SA4 amp that drives a pair of Bose Environmental 251 outdoor speakers in our Garden - Bose no longer updates or innovates the SA4 and have been looking for a more integrated experience - And wow, WiiM hits the spot.

The amp is in our loft where the speakers terminate - Attached some Nakamichi banana plugs to the speakers that I ordered from Amazon at the same time Here

Powered on the amp and followed the onscreen WiiM app instructions on iPhone - Initially firmware would not update and failed, so skipped over it for a while.

Paired the remote easily and then started streaming with Spotify, Apple Music, TuneIn and a few other streaming sources.

Once I'd come downstairs the firmware update connected and worked fine and it looks like the remote will work from the kitchen to the loft to initially power on and select an initial stream.

Overall - sounds much better than the old 9 year old SA4 - Works well with Spotify, Airplay 2 and Chromecasting
Hi RedkKen,

Could you please help send a ticket for your firmware update issue? We'll troubleshoot this right away. Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated!

Just got mine aswell from Amazon uk and funnily enough bought the same banana plugs.
Hooked mine up to a pair of Monitor audio radius 225 speakers either side of the tv , plus a Gemini subwoofer. Sounds fantastic.
HDMI arc works perfect and have music streaming from my Qnap NAS , SoundCloud, Amazon, tidal ,etc
Really impressed how well the app has integrated all the services. All my favourites are available and I can add likes and add playlists to them and add radio stations as presets.
Just wish you could add network folders as a preset.
Overall mighty impressed.

Just got mine aswell from Amazon uk and funnily enough bought the same banana plugs.
Hooked mine up to a pair of Monitor audio radius 225 speakers either side of the tv , plus a Gemini subwoofer. Sounds fantastic.
HDMI arc works perfect and have music streaming from my Qnap NAS , SoundCloud, Amazon, tidal ,etc
Really impressed how well the app has integrated all the services. All my favourites are available and I can add likes and add playlists to them and add radio stations as presets.
Just wish you could add network folders as a preset.
Overall mighty impressed.
You can add folder names on a home music share as a bookmark and access them that way almost as quick as a preset from the Browse/home music share/bookmark entry. I did ask WiiM to promote the bookmark menu to the top screen alongside presets but that hasn‘t happened as yet

You can add folder names on a home music share as a bookmark and access them that way almost as quick as a preset from the Browse/home music share/bookmark entry. I did ask WiiM to promote the bookmark menu to the top screen alongside presets but that hasn‘t happened as yet
Thanks yeah that cuts out one press,
Yes would be nice to have a chosen presets or bookmarks in my library in the top menu.

Hi RedkKen,

Could you please help send a ticket for your firmware update issue? We'll troubleshoot this right away. Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated!

Mine did the same thing.
First attempt to update out of the box failed, but since then all have been fine.

Back