How to add Alexa Echo to Wiim?

johnbug

Wondering if it's possible to physically connect an Alexa Echo to my Wiim Pro Plus in addition to already streaming Tidal which is already set up. The goal is to play music from my phone via Tidal which I already do with my Wiim connected to my Schiit Bifrost dac and then into my integrated amp, but to also add an option to use voice commands via Alexa to tell it to play Spotify songs (Spotify is already set up on the Echo) by also connecting it to the Wiim.

Any suggestions on the physical connections and software setup would be appreciated. I've included a photo which may help. For now I have plugged the Echo outputs into the RCA inputs of the Wiim.17115519908633675514976852053670.jpg

Thanks,

John

Not too sure what you mean by connecting your Amazon Echo to your WiiM - are you wanting to take the output from the aux socket on the Echo and cable that into your WiiM? Which model of Echo do you have? And re Tidal support, which region are you in as Tidal support on Alexa is USA only and probably just lossy rather than lossless audio

Not too sure what you mean by connecting your Amazon Echo to your WiiM - are you wanting to take the output from the aux socket on the Echo and cable that into your WiiM? Which model of Echo do you have? And re Tidal support, which region are you in as Tidal support on Alexa is USA only and probably just lossy rather than lossless audio
Yes. As pictured I have the Echo aux plugged into the Wiim. I'm in Canada. Not sure of Echo model.

If you are purely wanting to be able to ask your Echo to play Spotify on your WiiM, then you don't need a physical connection at all. Simply link your Alexa/Amazon account to WiiM in the Amazon Alexa entry in the WiiM Home app's browse screen.
Then in the Alexa app, change the name of your WiiM device which will appear on the devices page under Echo&Alexa to something easier for alexa to understand, say "Pro Plus". Then ask your echo (or WiiM remote), "Alexa, play my rock playlist (from Spotify) on Pro Plus"

Last edited:
There's a fuller explanation in the first half of this post (ignore any mention of the Echo Link/Roon)

and here

Back