Problem with DLNA ad Synology NAS (Home Music Share)

Max69

Hello, I have a problem with my Wiim Mini.
All my music is stored on a Synology NAS and streamed via Media Server (DLNA).
But the mini can't find my NAS, more precisely it finds it 1 time out of 10, the other 9 times it keeps searching indefinitely.
Therefore the Home Music Share section shows nothing.
No problem with the CCA or DS Audio APP (to CCA or from smartphone).
My wifi network is unique (I have only 1 wifi network) and it automatically switches to 5 or 2.4 GHz.

Thanks for your help

I thinks the problem Is a wrong setting into my router o Nas.
Today i have same DLNA problem with my other device. TV see dlna Nas folder only After 10+ minutes. But don't see Plex anymore. Same thinghs bubbleupnp.

no.
I see that my smartphone where i installed Wiim App is not in the DMA list device in Synology NAS settings.
Can be this the problem?
Sorry no idea. I don’t have a synology. I’m sure someone else will know though,

I reinstalled bubbleupnp on my smartphone and now i see it in Synology DMA list.
I can see NAS from bubble but NOT from Wiim APP :mad:

I have the Media Server running on my Synology DS213j NAS and don’t recall making many, if any changes to the default settings. The SSDP advertisement interval is set to 920 which I guess was a default, and in the DMA compatibility page, I have “Enable Audio Conversion” ticked for FLAC, ALAC, OGG and AIFF, with “restrict access to media server…” unticked. Under the device list button, I have a whole host of devices including my WiiM devices, TV, android devices, my amp etc. Try refreshing that list to see if your WiiM devices appear.

As I say, I don’t recall having to configure or change much…

Last edited:
I also note that under the media server general settings it suggests reducing the SSDP advertisement interval if you’re having problems with devices picking it up. Have you tried that?

I also note that under the media server general settings it suggests reducing the SSDP advertisement interval if you’re having problems with devices picking it up. Have you tried that?
FANTASTIC!!!!
Many thanks, i have reduced SSDP from 920 to 5 and now all works fine :)

FANTASTIC!!!!
Many thanks, i have reduced SSDP from 920 to 5 and now all works fine :)
Good to hear but that is a heavy reduction. Have you tried a higher interval eg 450 and work down?
Badly designed UPnP devices are known to flood and crash your network.

Back