Radio stream degrading after some minutes

cris1862

Hello everyone, first post here. My Wiim Pro lately started to systematically fail on radio streams after some minutes. I start playing a stream (custom stream URL or vTuner, TuneIn, doesn't matter), everything is fine but after some minutes squeaking noises kick in and corrupt the audio completely. It sounds like something gets totally out of sync. If I select the same station again, the device restarts buffering and playing is fine again for some minutes. Then it starts failing again. This is making my Wiim Pro unusable for radio (which is 99% of my usage). I'm running firmare version 4.8.532836 and a wired ethernet connection on which I have no quality or stability issues (I'm a software developer and use the same connection during the day for my job). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Reboot the WiiM pro and router.
Unplug all cables and reset the WiiM.
Reinstalled the WiiM app.

If you've tried all of these and you're still having problems, you'll need to send feedback to support via the WiiM app or contact your retailer.

Which radio stations? I used to sometimes get that using Planet Radio stations here in the UK when playing from LMS to my WiiM, and had to stop and restart the stream on LMS to cure it. I put it down to the LMS plugin as it was sending the stream to my WiiM. haven't had it happen for a while though

I tried a factory reset, it still doesn't work. Two stations for example are "United Music Cool Jazz" and "FluxFM - Jazzradio Schwarzenstein" on vTuner. The latter I tried also with a 320 Kb stream I grabbed from their site and put into "Open Network Stream", with the same issue. So it doesn't seem to be related to the station or the plugin.

I tried a factory reset, it still doesn't work. Two stations for example are "United Music Cool Jazz" and "FluxFM - Jazzradio Schwarzenstein" on vTuner. The latter I tried also with a 320 Kb stream I grabbed from their site and put into "Open Network Stream", with the same issue. So it doesn't seem to be related to the station or the plugin.
In that case, submit a ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section on the app so they can inspect your logs for evidence. Thanks

Slightly off-topic, but a while back I looked for a Jazzradio Schwarzenstein link so that I could add a direct stream to my network stream collection...but couldn't find one. What stream URL do you use?

Back on topic, I currently Chromecast the JRS stream via the Vradio app, and have never experienced the audio defects you've described. So perhaps there's an issue with your WiiM, or with your upstream ISP. Let us know how it gets resolved.

I have noticed this too. The problem is that we cannot select the stream quality for a radio station stream (like for example in Roon) and I think WiiM falls back to the lowest bitrate available.
It would be nice to have an option to select the stream quality, when a station offers more streams.

Back