Chromecast crashes with internet radio

Hello,
I bought the WiiM Pro as a replacement for the original Chromecast Audio from Google, and in addition to Tidal and Qobuz, I use Chromecast Audio to listen to internet radio. But I discovered a problem. Since I'm in the Czech Republic, I mostly listen to stations of the public Czech Radio through their application "mujRozhlas", which also supports listening via Chromecast Audio. I have been dealing with this problem for a long time, so my findings so far are the following: if I listen to a stream via WiiM Pro (connected via LAN), after a few tens of minutes the stream "drops" and stops playing. At the same time, the app still shows the Chromecast connection. After restarting the stream, it plays again for some time (10-20-30 minutes) and crashes again. I thought it was a problem with the stream provider, but when I unplugged and plugged in the original Google Chromecast Audio steamer, it plays from the same stream source without any dropouts or issues. By the way, listening to both Tidal and Qobuz services is absolutely seamless through both Tidal connect and Qobuz via Chromecast Audio when using the WiiM Pro. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem when listening to internet radio?

Not experienced that myself, but you should perhaps raise a ticket with WiiM thru the feedback section in the app so they can inspect your device logs

WiiM support advised me to turn off IPv6 mode and in IPv4 mode there was not a single dropout and my favorite radios streamed through Chromecast Audio after more than 12 hours! Problem solved thanks to WiiM support !!!

Back