Shuffle for Tidal

eurban

Hello, Can you please add the ability to shuffle "hearted" tracks, albums etc in the Wiim Home Tidal section? It's great to be able to play all your favorited music but no one wants to hear it in the same order every time. You can do it in the native Tidal App. Why not in the Wiim home app? Thanks!

Hello, Can you please add the ability to shuffle "hearted" tracks, albums etc in the Wiim Home Tidal section? It's great to be able to play all your favorited music but no one wants to hear it in the same order every time. You can do it in the native Tidal App. Why not in the Wiim home app? Thanks!
Not sure why you'd want to use the wiim app over tidal connect, but you can press shuffle once the first track is playing.

Ok I will look a bit more carefully at the options once the first track plays. Still it would make sense to have the shuffle function mimic what Tidal does where it shows up as an option as soon as you open up your favorite tracks.. . Tidal connect is fine but the connection (to the Wiim) has to be established each time as a separate action and it disconnects when my Apple device goes to the lock AND the music is not playing. Not a big deal but a bit clunky. Overall I don't really get the response to just use Tidal or whatever native app rather than the Wiim Home app. It is nice to have everthing all in one place and if it can be improved then why not? They do actually make the app for some reason, right?

Last edited:
Ok I will look a bit more carefully at the options once the first track plays. Still it would make sense to have the shuffle function mimic what Tidal does where it shows up as an option as soon as you open up your favorite tracks.. . Tidal connect is fine but the connection (to the Wiim) has to be established each time as a separate action and it disconnects when my Apple device goes to the lock AND the music is not playing. Not a big deal but a bit clunky. Overall I don't really get the response to just use Tidal or whatever native app rather than the Wiim Home app. It is nice to have everthing all in one place and if it can be improved then why not? They do actually make the app for some reason, right?
You'll generally find that streaming services tend not to make their third party APIs that they make available to companies like WiiM anywhere near as functional as their native app. That's why apps like the WiiM Home app can never truly be universal apps for all services it supports, they can only really do what the API allows them to do. It's also a reason why streaming services have casting mechanisms like Tidal Connect, Spotify Connect and Amazon Music Alexacast - that way they believe their users are getting access to all features and maximum exposure to the brand, as well as access to new features as soon as they're available rather than having a myriad of third parties clamouring to update their apps too.

In practice, many users find the third party API route sufficient for most of their needs - when they don't, they use the streaming service native app and cast.

I think you can turn on the shuffle button in the WiiM app once and keep it that way forever. I've never used Tidal, but I probably don't need to tap shuffle every time. 🙂
(This may not be the feature you want.)

Back