Add abilities to resample the optical output for WiiM Pro

tim80732

I don't know if anyone is stuck in the same situation as myself.
My speakers(edifier R2000DB) has optical toslink input, a big reason I get a WiiM Pro.
The max sample rate the speakers can take is 24bit/96khz, which is plenty for me since I don't have a seperate DAC to decode Tidal MQA to 24bit/192khz.
However, I found out that the speakers CANNOT playback 88.2khz signal, which a lot of albums on Tidal and Qobuz are 88.2khz.
It will simply result in no sound.

The only two solutions for me now is to limit the sample rate to 48khz for WiiM Pro optical output, or outright disable the MQA and only get Hi-res if the songs are in FLAC format.
Is it possible to add the capabilities to upsample any audio to desire sample rate(in my case to 96khz to avoid 88.2khz)?
If anyone has any suggestion, please help. Thanks in advance.

I don't know if anyone is stuck in the same situation as myself.
My speakers(edifier R2000DB) has optical toslink input, a big reason I get a WiiM Pro.
The max sample rate the speakers can take is 24bit/96khz, which is plenty for me since I don't have a seperate DAC to decode Tidal MQA to 24bit/192khz.
However, I found out that the speakers CANNOT playback 88.2khz signal, which a lot of albums on Tidal and Qobuz are 88.2khz.
It will simply result in no sound.

The only two solutions for me now is to limit the sample rate to 48khz for WiiM Pro optical output, or outright disable the MQA and only get Hi-res if the songs are in FLAC format.
Is it possible to add the capabilities to upsample any audio to desire sample rate(in my case to 96khz to avoid 88.2khz)?
If anyone has any suggestion, please help. Thanks in advance.
I'm sure wiim have said there will be an option to force a specific sample rate output.
Maybe check the roadmap post.

In the meantime, downsample ;)

Edit:
Upcoming Features
  • Fixed resolution output with the high fidelity ASRC

Last edited:
One idea would be to use other software that is compatible with your streaming service and the capabilities of Wiim. Although I dont use it, might want to look at HQplayer. If your using MacOS bitperfect could work. Myabe this help get you in the right direction

I'm sure wiim have said there will be an option to force a specific sample rate output.
Maybe check the roadmap post.

In the meantime, downsample ;)

Edit:
Upcoming Features
  • Fixed resolution output with the high fidelity ASRC
Great to hear that! Thank you so much.

Back