What's your setup/configuration look like?

Yes, it's for grounding. The circle is Herbie Audio Supersonic Stabilizer.Hard to discern on grounding wise for lower noise floor.
"SuperSonic Stabilizer is a fluorocarbon and metallic composite for use on top of components to increase overall efficiency of compliant isolation feet like Herbie's Tenderfeet and Iso-Cups. Not a mass-loading weight, components are stabilized similarly to resting your palm gently on top of a component, reducing upper-chassis vibration considerably. A strategic, non-magnetic blend of ferrous and non-ferrous particles helps to weaken and disperse RFI and other electromagnetic interference. A thin decoupling layer of black elastomer on the bottom protects component surfaces and prevents the Stabilizer from sliding.

We recommend two Stabilizers for most audio and video components. They can be stacked together or spaced separately on the component. For smaller components like some DACs, power supplies, and small CD players, one Stabilizer will do. (Additional weight can be placed on your Stabilizer if you like (e.g., lead fishing weights, sand bag, decorative objects); the Stabilizer will decouple your component from the added weight while still transferring more virtual mass to the component.)"

Do you really believe in such things?

"SuperSonic Stabilizer is a fluorocarbon and metallic composite for use on top of components to increase overall efficiency of compliant isolation feet like Herbie's Tenderfeet and Iso-Cups. Not a mass-loading weight, components are stabilized similarly to resting your palm gently on top of a component, reducing upper-chassis vibration considerably. A strategic, non-magnetic blend of ferrous and non-ferrous particles helps to weaken and disperse RFI and other electromagnetic interference. A thin decoupling layer of black elastomer on the bottom protects component surfaces and prevents the Stabilizer from sliding.

We recommend two Stabilizers for most audio and video components. They can be stacked together or spaced separately on the component. For smaller components like some DACs, power supplies, and small CD players, one Stabilizer will do. (Additional weight can be placed on your Stabilizer if you like (e.g., lead fishing weights, sand bag, decorative objects); the Stabilizer will decouple your component from the added weight while still transferring more virtual mass to the component.)"

I put weights on some components but not for grounding purposes but instead to stop the cable drag that results in the component tipping up.

I dust off my old cd changed and connect it to pro optical input then from pro coax out to dac. I listen to amazon hd and tidal hifi. I find cd physical media sound better than those steaming. Does anyone get same reaction? I have huge collection of CD.

I dust off my old cd changed and connect it to pro optical input then from pro coax out to dac. I listen to amazon hd and tidal hifi. I find cd physical media sound better than those steaming. Does anyone get same reaction? I have huge collection of CD.
I would really suggest you to make some blind tests...

I would do that later. I download YouTube on iOS but I can only see airplay and no chromecast, chromecast shows on amazon app but not YouTube. Did I miss something?

I would do that later. I download YouTube on iOS but I can only see airplay and no chromecast, chromecast shows on amazon app but not YouTube. Did I miss something?
No.
Chromecast TV will show up but audio only Chromecast devices won’t!

In Colorado we legalized a sure way to make your music sound better.😁
Maryland just approved recreational. Currently we have medical it’s about the only benefit of having cancer.
Ethernet ( Industrial Grade Cat 8)->Tidal Connect->Coxial->AudioGD Ref.5.3 dac->ACSS Mogami cable->AudioGD C-2 11th Anniversary amp.

From Toslink->Denafrips Ares OG dac->Gustard H20 amp.

Wiim Pro is powered by Jay's Audio LPS connected to AC Plixir Balanced Power Supply.
View attachment 192
Is a wooden cylinder also a Grounding device? Did you find any improvement using grounding it with the WiiM Pro?

I just pretend is a weight.😁

Figure I’ll add a couple of picture‘s of my bedroom setup.

Attachments

• 367102F1-2ABC-4B14-86A1-A57A2D5E52AA.jpeg
    367102F1-2ABC-4B14-86A1-A57A2D5E52AA.jpeg
    501.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 23F67A33-0BFD-42FD-A268-21B8BD5ED4E7.jpeg
    23F67A33-0BFD-42FD-A268-21B8BD5ED4E7.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
Had a Chromecast Audio for years to stream Spotify into my amp. Decided to move to HiRes streaming so tried out Tidal and Amazon on it and got the bug. Got my WiiM Mini just before Xmas and have now added a Topping E50. Playing into my ancient Denon DM39 receiver and even more ancient Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s plus an adequate Yamaha sub. Decent cables throughout. Playing Amazon HD/UHD. I love the sound. It's reinvigorated my love of good sound (I had a Pioneer A400 an Rotel CD back in the 90s but kids and... you know the rest). Big fan of great performance and high value. The WiiM is a stunning device with great UI. Awesome bang/buck (pound sterling!).

Last edited:
The Chromecast Audio is hires capable (24/96) if used with a mini toslink cable. Google Play wasn’t but you could use a CCA to stream HiRes from certain other sources eg Tidal, Qobuz or Deezer with the right software (LMS for one).

No pics yet but here's my rig:
1st Configuration: WIFI>WiiM Pro>Digital COAX>Geshelli Labs J2 DAC (AKM Version)>RCA>AkitikA Pre Amp>RCA>AkitikA Z4 Amp>DIY Speaker Cables>Moded GR Research XLS Encore Speakers.
2nd Configuration: WIFI>WiiM Pro>Digital COAX>Geshelli Labs J2 DAC (AKM Version)>XLR>SMSL DA9>DIY Speaker Cables>Moded GR Research XLS Encore Speakers.
I'm going to connect my WiiM Pro via ethernet cable as soon as I have a chance to run the cable through my walls to where my rig is located.
I have subscriptions to ROON & Tidal... can't wait for the ROON endpoint software update!! "Aaaaaaaantiiiiiiiiiiiicipaaaaaaation, is makin' me wait!"

WiiM Pro - 2 inputs: Ethernet & Toslink from TV. 2 Outputs: Coax to minidsp Flex & SPDIF (toslink) to Topping EX5. 2 Main sources: Qobuz Hi-res (both optical cables carry Hi-Res) & Sony TV. The minidsp Flex connects to my amp (on top in the photo), the EX5 connects to my headphones. A happy camper! WiiM pro in the back left.

Attachments

• New WiiM (002).jpg
    New WiiM (002).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
Back