Wiim Pro and DAC in my BC Acoustique EX 214

JFL

Hi,

I own a BC Acoustique Ex-214 integrated amplifier that has an internal DAC optical and coaxial inputs.
So if I buy a Wiim Pro over the Wiim Pro Plus,will I see a real difference in sound?
I want to use two Wiim Pro one for my turntable(upstairs room)and one for streaming(downstairs room).

Thx for your reply
JF

Not sure how this question is really any different from your other thread.
As suggestedd there, a pro plus in the upstairs, turntable, room might be beneficial, and any other wiim downstairs to suit.
Although... I suppose this does clarify why any other wiim downstairs is ok, 'cos of the external dac.

Not sure how this question is really any different from your other thread.
As suggestedd there, a pro plus in the upstairs, turntable, room might be beneficial, and any other wiim downstairs to suit.
Although... I suppose this does clarify why any other wiim downstairs is ok, 'cos of the external dac.
I agree but I didn’t mention the fact that my amp has an internal dac and I was wondering if a Wiim Pro instead of a Wiim Pro plus would make a different choice:I think it was « à propos » as we say in french..I think it was a proper question..

I agree but I didn’t mention the fact that my amp has an internal dac and I was wondering if a Wiim Pro instead of a Wiim Pro plus would make a different choice:I think it was « à propos » as we say in french..I think it was a proper question..
At least if you get a plus for downstairs you can see which device's dac you prefer.
Also, your amp is "limited" to 96khz on both optical and coax inputs, according to the specs.
May as well go 2* pro plus, as you originally suggested! ;)

Reactions: JFL
Hi,

I own a BC Acoustique Ex-214 integrated amplifier that has an internal DAC optical and coaxial inputs.
So if I buy a Wiim Pro over the Wiim Pro Plus,will I see a real difference in sound?
I want to use two Wiim Pro one for my turntable(upstairs room)and one for streaming(downstairs room).

Thx for your reply
JF
If you are looking to utilize a WiiM Pro via it's ADC to Digitize the Input from the Turntable so that you can do some Whole House Replay, then YES there will be a difference. The WiiM Pro Plus supposedly supports a much better ADC.

If you are looking to utilize a WiiM Pro via it's ADC to Digitize the Input from the Turntable so that you can do some Whole House Replay, then YES there will be a difference. The WiiM Pro Plus supposedly supports a much better ADC.
Thx,
JF

A personal experience, I can say that I'm using a Pro connected via coaxial cable to an external DAC (SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK3), on which I've selected filter number 6, the dispersion filter. This DAC uses the same chip as the Pro Plus, the AK4493SEQ.

Now, is there a difference between the internal DAC of the Pro and the Sanskrit? A bit, yes, but nothing drastic.

Is there a difference among the six selectable filters? Well, here it's a bit harder to answer. I'd say that by concentrating a lot and carefully listening to music in a completely silent environment, some differences can be noticed.

Of course, it's a different story when it comes to instrumental analysis because measurement instruments are slightly better at detecting these differences.

I can also mention that I tend to prefer external DACs.
Not because they are necessarily better, but because the availability of DACs on the market is constantly evolving. So, an external DAC allows you to move from generation to generation without having to change everything.

A personal experience, I can say that I'm using a Pro connected via coaxial cable to an external DAC (SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK3), on which I've selected filter number 6, the dispersion filter. This DAC uses the same chip as the Pro Plus, the AK4493SEQ.

Now, is there a difference between the internal DAC of the Pro and the Sanskrit? A bit, yes, but nothing drastic.

Is there a difference among the six selectable filters? Well, here it's a bit harder to answer. I'd say that by concentrating a lot and carefully listening to music in a completely silent environment, some differences can be noticed.

Of course, it's a different story when it comes to instrumental analysis because measurement instruments are slightly better at detecting these differences.

I can also mention that I tend to prefer external DACs.
Not because they are necessarily better, but because the availability of DACs on the market is constantly evolving. So, an external DAC allows you to move from generation to generation without having to change everything.
Thx for your review!
JF

Back