WiiM Pro setup problem

Thanks, and yes it was checked, but things are not necessarily what they seem or are named in the WiiM world. I would like to understand the technology that allows the signal to continue when the ethernet cable is disconnected. The song really didn't "miss a beat" when the ethernet cable was disconnected. I did not enable Chromecast or any other Wi-Fi related option.

If you monitor your data traffic on your router you'll notice that the data comes in waves. At the start of a song your Wiim or music streamer app may trigger a download of data. That data fills the cache on the Wiim at regular intervals and therefore if you disconnect you may still have music playing for awhile until the cache empties.

Last edited:
I've just received my Wiim Pro and everything is working great except for one thing. I cannot set it to use the ethernet connection. Its streaming via WiFi. My network page also only shows Wifi details with no options and no way to set it to use Ethernet. I don't have the switch to disable WiFi - I've done a factory reset 4 times. I've tested the ethernet on laptop and it works OK. Others have had this problem so at least I'm not alone. Would be great to find a solution.Its not the end of the world since WiFi works fine.

You set it by plugging in the Ethernet cable, and then the network status page becomes a much simpler version where there is a switch to disable wifi (if you so wish) although there might be a bug in the latest version of the app where that toggles itself back on.

Are you saying that when you plug in an Ethernet cable, it doesn’t recognise it even after a reboot?

Have you looked in your router utility to determine how the Wiim Pro is connected? Your router app should show whether it's connected with ethernet or wifi.

Hi Brantome. Yes exactly that - tried plugging and unpluging ethernet cable and rebooting - no simplified network page and no switch to disable WiFi. I'm hoping it's a bug in the app and that it will be fixed in a future release - although others don't have this issue which is puzzling.

Do you have another Ethernet cable and router port to try? Might be that there‘s an issue with your Pro’s or router Ethernet port too.

Just checked my router utility and the Wiim Pro is listed under WiFi devices (5ghz) - nothing under ethernet devices.
I am using powerline plugs to get from the bt router into the living room and then to a 5 port gigabit switch. The port I'm using on the gigabyte switch for the Wiim Pro is constantly flashing BTW.

Yes I'll dig out another ethernet cable after tea and see if that makes a difference. Tried another port on the gigabyte switch - no luck.

Progress..... I think I now have an ethernet connection. I was reading the release notes and it mentioned that to make the recent ethernet fix work you should unplug the Wiim Pro power cable and then plug it in again So I did that and bingo.... I have a simplified network status page with the enable WiFi switch. Also at the bottom of the browse page the 'select source on Wiim Pro' is on Erthernet. Great..... but if I try to turn off the 'enable wifi' switch in the network status page - it does not hold when leaving the page and going back in. The 'enable wifi' switch is on. So a result of sorts. Hope this helps others having the same issue. With the switch issue I'm still not convinced I am using the ethernet connection.

Progress..... I think I now have an ethernet connection. I was reading the release notes and it mentioned that to make the recent ethernet fix work you should unplug the Wiim Pro power cable and then plug it in again So I did that and bingo.... I have a simplified network status page with the enable WiFi switch. Also at the bottom of the browse page the 'select source on Wiim Pro' is on Erthernet. Great..... but if I try to turn off the 'enable wifi' switch in the network status page - it does not hold when leaving the page and going back in. The 'enable wifi' switch is on. So a result of sorts. Hope this helps others having the same issue. With the switch issue I'm still not convinced I am using the ethernet connection.

Yeah, I mentioned that toggle bug above. At least you’ve got it working :)

Same Same after unplug/plug in...Wifi can be disabled in the App and now Ethernet is working fine

I sort of have the reverse problem. Today my yesterday installed Pro+ doesn't cast Spotify and TuneIn via wifi anymore. But if I put in an ethernet cable it does...
Yesterday it worked oke with wifi (also set it up with wifi). I tried everything I can think of: restarted the router, removed and installed WiiM Home app, newly setup the Wiim with and without a factory reset. All the same. Under the wifi the signal strength (5G) is excellent or very good according to the Home app. The router also shows that the MiiW is either connected via wifi of via ethernet (the latter when the cable is connected). What surprises me is that even after a factory reset all the wifi network is still there and the MiiW automatically reconnects to the old wifi during the (re)setup of the device. No idea what can be wrong, after first installation it casted, the next morning (after a standby) not anymore. BT function works but that what I bought this Pro+ for.

What do you mean by casting Tunein by wifi - AirPlay or ChromeCast? Or using the Tunein section in the WiiM Home app?

And re Spotify, under its app settings, try toggling the local network device settings off/on. While on that, do your Spotify and Tunein apps have permission to access your local network?

What do you mean by casting Tunein by wifi - AirPlay or ChromeCast? Or using the Tunein section in the WiiM Home app?

And re Spotify, under its app settings, try toggling the local network device settings off/on. While on that, do your Spotify and Tunein apps have permission to access your local network?
Yes, in the WiiM Home app TuneIn doesn't play when wifi connected but it does when I put in the ethernet cable. 'Same' with Spotify, the WiiM pro+ is shown as a device to connect to but when this is selected the device is not connected, and no music plays. Again, it does when I connect the internet cable. Yesterday I set the device up with (only) wifi and it work fine. This morning (after standby) no music came out. Device is 'visible' in the WiiM Home app, and also connected to wifi (5G) but still doesn't 'play' music.

Yes, in the WiiM Home app TuneIn doesn't play when wifi connected but it does when I put in the ethernet cable. 'Same' with Spotify, the WiiM pro+ is shown as a device to connect to but when this is selected the device is not connected, and no music plays. Again, it does when I connect the internet cable. Yesterday I set the device up with (only) wifi and it work fine. This morning (after standby) no music came out. Device is 'visible' in the WiiM Home app, and also connected to wifi (5G) but still doesn't 'play' music.
Both the phone (with the Home app) and the WiiM are connected to the same wifi and with the same band i.e. 5G.

Have you tried a router reboot? Nothing in your firewall that suggests wifi traffic to the WiiM is being blocked?

Back