Wiim Pro with what Ext, Dac??

Short and I know tricky question. Is a package Pro & SMSL C100 comparable to a Pro Plus? I would say yes, as far as my memory tells me the truth. (I need a present and the little DAC is already here and not in use, so I could save a few Euro đŸ˜‰)
Did our ‘friend’ cheapaudioman do exactly that comparison?

Edit:
Post in thread 'difference between wiim pro and pro plus while streaming'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...-and-pro-plus-while-streaming.1334/post-21945

Edit 2: it was a different SMSL DAC :(

Last edited:
Did our ‘friend’ cheapaudioman do exactly that comparison?

Edit:
Post in thread 'difference between wiim pro and pro plus while streaming'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...-and-pro-plus-while-streaming.1334/post-21945

Edir 2: it was a different SMSL DAC :(
Of course I would prefer profound suggestions from WiiM's forum and its swarm intelligence. đŸ˜‡
Cheap Randy is amusing and sometimes has a congruent musical taste than me. Sometimes, not always. đŸ˜‰

Just grabbed out of the dark of my memory that he talked about an SMSL SU-1.
I remember reading some opinions these two DACs are more or less identical?

Same chip but the SU-1 is a better implementation than either WIIM or C100. I know of no comparison info between WIIM and C100. Just use the pro+ I would say or sell the C100 and get the SU-1.

Same chip but the SU-1 is a better implementation than either WIIM or C100. I know of no comparison info between WIIM and C100. Just use the pro+ I would say or sell the C100 and get the SU-1.
I think I will give him this C-100 with a Pro. It is the last component with the nasty MQA logo I have here đŸ˜‰ and wanted for long to get rid of it.
But thank you anyway!

Hi trying to decide what dac to buy my set up...Speakers are Paradigm premier 800's with a c-600 center...Polk surrounds,Marantz Cinema 40.....music streaming Apple Music or Tidal(still trying to decide...any input would be appreciated!!). the dac i am thinking of is the topping velvet 70 if there is a very good option at a cheaper price point open to ideas!!!I live in Canada so prices here are pricier,LOL.Thanks for any idea's on these ?!!!
May be Topping D 70 Pro Sabre? or S. M. S. L. 500 MKIII? ;)

Update: After chatting with Marantz rep....the Cinema 40 does not allow using a external dac....the older 8015 did using the 7.1 analog inputs so my choice is easy.....if the Pro+ has better overall internal components(other then the dac it self!!) will go with it...if not the pro!!thanks for all the feedback much appreciated!!

Update: After chatting with Marantz rep....the Cinema 40 does not allow using a external dac....the older 8015 did using the 7.1 analog inputs so my choice is easy.....if the Pro+ has better overall internal components(other then the dac it self!!) will go with it...if not the pro!!thanks for all the feedback much appreciated!!
It does, it has 5 analog inputs (apart from phono) so it supports 5 external DAC's It doesn't support digital output so it doesn't support sending out a digital signal to a DAC. So you cannot use it to feed a dac to another amp (which is also not entirely true because it can output over HDMI eARC but there isn't a DAC that supports it (Also not true but there are very few and not really audiophile ones, but some streamers and most amps do)

It does, it has 5 analog inputs (apart from phono) so it supports 5 external DAC's It doesn't support digital output so it doesn't support sending out a digital signal to a DAC. So you cannot use it to feed a dac to another amp (which is also not entirely true because it can output over HDMI eARC but there isn't a DAC that supports it (Also not true but there are very few and not really audiophile ones, but some streamers and most amps do)
That is interesting not what the rep told me...not doubting you ....had a buddy with a Anthem MRX-740 which also did not have a analog by-pass feature!!Easy 4 me then buy the pro+ then try a better dac(with a good return policy,LOL) & go from there!!Thanks 4 the info!!

DIRAC means all analog inputs are converted to digital put through the processor and converted back to analog again for the output stage. That doesn't mean the character of the DAC will be entirely lost because it is already in the incoming analog signal. I looked it up and the Marantz has a direct mode, they call pure direct. It isn't direct (because then the analog signal would not be converted) it uses DSD. DSD will treat any incoming analog signal with respect (it is practically a digital frequency different from the PCM (Pulse code modulation) used on CD's and Streaming). It will probably be resampled internally to a higher sample rate.

I paired my Wiim Pro with a Topping E30II lite. I enjoy the combination and use the fast filter setting which seems to be the best combo to my less than ideal ears. This feeds a Linn LK100 amp as I am using the WiiM as my preamp/source selector. I like the display that tells me the sampling rate of whatever I am listening to and it’s pretty inexpensive as far as DACs go. Got mine for $99 brand new. The DAC measures really well so I feel good about the choice.

Back