SiriusXM missing?

because my wife loves her sirius xm and she is about to throw her streamer away... If mama isn't happy... No one is happy.
Also sirius XM is pretty widely used radio solution that many folks subscribe to because of their cars mostly... So it seems it would be a pretty simple addition and I am not the only one asking

If you had written "happy wife, happy life" you would have get my instant support!
In Germany I never was aware of this station therefore I didn't see this need in your case. What sample rates do they use? Is bluetooth not good enough for such situations?

If you had written "happy wife, happy life" you would have get my instant support!
In Germany I never was aware of this station therefore I didn't see this need in your case. What sample rates do they use? Is bluetooth not good enough for such situations?
Ok... Happy wife happy life... that is so true... But the idea (silly) we listen on the patio on a permanent setup with outdoor speakers often and our phone will burn through battery if we are staying outside all day and the range of bluetooth is not enough... When logged into the streamer there is no battery drain and I can turn the volume up and down predictably and change channels... Now while casting through airplay; that behavior can be erratic and there is nothing like these issues to annoy my wife and make my relaxing afternoon an instant issue... Audio quality wise; sure... about anything will do with SXM... However, that being said; the functionality is really the biggest issue :)

I would also like support for this. It seems to be on their radar, but no date. I use a combo of Wiim’s/Pi’s/and Logitech radios under the LMS server, and Sirius cut support for the Logitech devices years ago.

I bought this for the sole purpose of streaming Sirius from the Wiim pro to have a more integrated solution vs streaming from the iphone. It still shows the Sirius XM logo on their Amazon page. I would at least like to know whether it is coming or not before I return it.

I'm getting good Sirius sound through Chromecast on the WiiM Pro, but it randomly stops. Casting from my Android phone, which hasn't lost track of what it's doing in the Sirius app. The WiiM gets going again if I use its remote button to turn it off and back on. I've had similar experience using Tidal through the Tidal app from the phone. On the other hand, using Tidal through the WiiM app has had no such problems. So it may be that getting Sirius integrated to the WiiM app would be a way to fix this annoyance.

SiriusXM sells a lot of hardware tuners; perhaps they don't want WiiM to incorporate their service, as it would compete with their hardware?

It’s been on their roadmap for a long time now to add it:

I personally can’t wait … I listen to SiriusXM all the time using Sonos and Alexa, but really want it integrated in WiiM (the dream is to just use Roon and WiiM for all my music services). SiriusXM owns Pandora, which they added in WHA quite a few months back. So now they just need to add the SiriusXM part 😁

It’s been on their roadmap for a long time now to add it:

I personally can’t wait … I listen to SiriusXM all the time using Sonos and Alexa, but really want it integrated in WiiM (the dream is to just use Roon and WiiM for all my music services). SiriusXM owns Pandora, which they added in WHA quite a few months back. So now they just need to add the SiriusXM part 😁
Agreed. Honestly, if they’d add this I would be happy. I lost the integration with the Squeeezboxes years ago, and this would complete my needs.

Back