Wiim Home - Landscape mode, where are you?

JohnW

Major Contributor
Replacing my aging Sonos S1 products with Wiim. I got to the point today when I decided to delete the Sonos App from my wall mounted tablets that are used as dashboards for my smart home and replace with the Wiim Home app. Disappointed to see that the app doesn't work in landscape orientation. This seems to be very basic functionality that is missing. I can't be the only user with wall mount dashboard tablets. Are there any plans to resolve this (or can you supply the products with Ibuprofen included as my neck is hurty). Thanks.

Supposedly being worked on…

Others have used apps like Control Screen Orientation to force landscape mode - I use that on my Fire HD Max 11. I think there are other similar apps.

Lanscape mode for Android has been on the WiiM 'working on it' list for an eternity...how hard can it be?🤔

Lanscape mode for Android has been on the WiiM 'working on it' list for an eternity...how hard can it be?🤔
No idea, maybe the android app is based on a set of old libraries that doesn’t allow the easy creation of a universal app that can switch between portrait and landscape mode, and updating to a new set of libraries is non trivial? Nobody knows but WiiM…

Back