Smart Home Integration

Marslo

Are there any plans to integrate Wiim with Smart home applications so that one can have the smart home app play music on the Wiim player? i.e. SmartThings, HomeKit, Alexa etc. What I’m suggesting is the ability to control Wiim via a smart home app. (Play Music in Room)

As far as I understand the support for Alexa and Homekit only allows you to play Wiim through their speakers. I'm looking for the ability to control Wiim using Smartthings or Alexa. (i.e. "Alexa, play living room music" which starts the Wiim music playing in the living room through my Wiim powered speakers).

As far as I understand the support for Alexa and Homekit only allows you to play Wiim through their speakers. I'm looking for the ability to control Wiim using Smartthings or Alexa. (i.e. "Alexa, play living room music" which starts the Wiim music playing in the living room through my Wiim powered speakers).
Yes, I'm doing it with Alexa.

How do you add it?
See the first half of this post, up to where it starts talking about the Echo Link or Roon which aren't relevant or necessary for your enquiry

Back