Roadmaps - 10 Feb 24 updates

I've noticed DNLA on that list, which I've not heard of before, but allegedly offers lossless streaming unlike Airplay, as an iPhone user is this a way I can get improved Apple Music off my device, if so, how?

No, I guess you may be referring to the upcoming UPNP casting feature which would allow your WiiM device to send its audio to other UPNP players. In the case of Apple Music, its app still runs on your phone and needs to use Airplay to send that to the WiiM in the first instance, so you’re stuck with Apple Music’s restrictions. Until Apple develop a true casting solution (not based on Airplay which means the stream passes thru your phone) and open up to third parties being able to receive hi res Apple Music streams, you’re unfortunately stuck with a less than optimal streaming service.

Any update with respect to upsampling feature ? Is it going to be released soon ?

Any update with respect to upsampling feature ? Is it going to be released soon ?
Hi Steadyshot,

The fixed sample rate feature is currently in Beta testing. We aim to release it by mid-April. Stay tuned for updates!

I've noticed DNLA on that list, which I've not heard of before, but allegedly offers lossless streaming unlike Airplay, as an iPhone user is this a way I can get improved Apple Music off my device, if so, how?
Hi cooky560, Team

The DLNA cast feature is specifically designed to stream content from the WiiM to any DLNA-enabled receiver—whether it's an audio device, PC, or web browser—in lossless format. This includes streaming from both physical media connected to the WiiM and network sources.

It will be available in April for Beta testing.

Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to 8 PEQ.
I tested the fixed source output via beta FW and it addressed the pops and clicks to my DAC (and some others).

What is "Maintain context when switching source input"?
Hi wunderkind,

I'm pleased to know that the fixed sample rate resolved the clicking issue with your DAC, which appears to struggle with varying audio clocks.

As for the feature that maintains context when switching source inputs, it allows you to retain your playback settings—like the playing queue and current track—when shifting between network sources and physical media. This way, you can seamlessly resume playback when you switch back.

Hi wunderkind,

I'm pleased to know that the fixed sample rate resolved the clicking issue with your DAC, which appears to struggle with varying audio clocks.

As for the feature that maintains context when switching source inputs, it allows you to retain your playback settings—like the playing queue and current track—when shifting between network sources and physical media. This way, you can seamlessly resume playback when you switch back.
Hi,
Maintaining context between inputs sounds useful.
Will this cover switching outputs too?

Last edited:
Hi Mr Ee,

Yes, it applies to both input and output switching.
Oohh, that should please some people, assuming we are actually talking about the same thing..
i.e. switch from, say, coax to analog out and the music keeps on playing.

It would be nice to see LDAC or aptX supported, I have Kids and Headphones... and I can't be the only one while I can get a box todo this it would be much nicer to have the unit offer a better Bluetooth codec... The experience of using said box with the AV Amp is suboptimal...

It would be nice to see LDAC or aptX supported, I have Kids and Headphones... and I can't be the only one while I can get a box todo this it would be much nicer to have the unit offer a better Bluetooth codec... The experience of using said box with the AV Amp is suboptimal...
Don't know if that's possible with the current chipset or licensing. Some have purchased a relatively cheap BT transmitter like this to get access to the higher BT codecs https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C3HBWYG4

Don't know if that's possible with the current chipset or licensing. Some have purchased a relatively cheap BT transmitter like this to get access to the higher BT codecs https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C3HBWYG4
Careful what you wish for.
I bought a pair of high end B&W wireless headphones that were advertised as AptX-HD capable and so "upgraded" a Bluetooth transmetter to one that also supports AptX-HD. The combination of the two is absolutely rubbish. Yes I can get them to talk AptX-HD to each other but only if I sit less than one metre from the transmitter and don't move an inch. If I move the connection drops to SBC with an annoying interruption to audio, if I move again it will re-engage AptX-HD with another interruption and so on. Neither the B&W headphones or the transmitter can be "fixed" to operate in a single mode. Neither manufacturer can offer any solution.

I now use the B&W's wired!

Careful what you wish for.
I bought a pair of high end B&W wireless headphones that were advertised as AptX-HD capable and so "upgraded" a Bluetooth transmetter to one that also supports AptX-HD. The combination of the two is absolutely rubbish. Yes I can get them to talk AptX-HD to each other but only if I sit less than one metre from the transmitter and don't move an inch. If I move the connection drops to SBC with an annoying interruption to audio, if I move again it will re-engage AptX-HD with another interruption and so on. Neither the B&W headphones or the transmitter can be "fixed" to operate in a single mode. Neither manufacturer can offer any solution.

I now use the B&W's wired!
This is why I'm looking (frustratingly) for a decent pair of usb-c headphones, my phone doesn't support 3.5 or 6" jacks like my amps do, and wireless is just a pain, yet usb-c headphones don't seem to exist outside the very cheap.

This is why I'm looking (frustratingly) for a decent pair of usb-c headphones, my phone doesn't support 3.5 or 6" jacks like my amps do, and wireless is just a pain, yet usb-c headphones don't seem to exist outside the very cheap.
As Fender says get a USB-C DAC and plug normal phones with 3.5mm.

In truth that is how I am using my B&Ws - wired to a portable Raspbery Pi via an Audioquest Dragonfly

Back