Roadmaps - 10 Feb 24 updates

Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to 8 PEQ.
I tested the fixed source output via beta FW and it addressed the pops and clicks to my DAC (and some others).

What is "Maintain context when switching source input"?

And whilst any development news is interesting, follow up news on issues not yet fixed would be welcomed more! There is still no news regarding the BT issue that a number have been experiencing. Some sort of progress report would be welcome - a reassurance that the matter hasn't been forgotten about. Tickets remain outstanding and are not updated. There seems very little point in submitting more at this stage. I'm feeling somewhat frustrated and I am sure others are as well.

I know I must sound negative, but I am really excited to see how the products can be developed and new services added. I just think that existing issues should be given priority or at least a roadmap for completion of such shared with users.

Steve

I accepted the WiiM Mini would never have a native Squeezelite client available after being told there was not enough space left for it (at least without removing existing functions) but I find this reason difficult to reconcile with the new Mini roadmap which seems to be intending to add a number of different features, including Plex integration.

Last edited:
I’m more interested on room correction on. They haven’t any beta release yet.

I accepted the WiiM Mini would never have a native Squeezelite client available because after being told there was not enough space left for it (at least without removing existing functions) but I find this reason difficult to reconcile with the new Mini roadmap which seems to be intending to add a number of different features, including Plex integration.
I guess it depends on what’s already in the firmware that they can build on, or what needs to be done from the ground up and what space/ resources that might require. Maybe Plex integration is being achieved on the back of existing DLNA/UPNP support while Squeezelite couldn’t be. Without knowing the code we can only speculate.

DLNA cast is interesting, surprising they aren't adding a Chromecast 'cast' option as well.
Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to 8 PEQ.
I tested the fixed source output via beta FW and it addressed the pops and clicks to my DAC (and some others).

What is "Maintain context when switching source input"?
I missed that, but hopefully it will mean you can pick up where you left off if you switch from streaming to optical input, then back to streaming?
I hope they can introduce a similar fix for when switching outputs, it is little bit of an annoyance as it doesn't allow you to pick up from where you left off if you change outputs.

DLNA cast is interesting,
It would be interesting if it was online content e.g. radio, music services. If it's just playing DLNA content to other DLNA speakers then there are already much better alternatives.

Anyone have any insight into whether the 8 band PEQ is 4 L + 4 R?
I don't think that's likely, but let's see if room correction makes it happen. Due to the "Persistent group for multiple devices", it may be more realistic to use two WiiM. 🤔

Any details on room correction? I'm currently using the iOS Housecurve app on my phone that does a frequency sweep. From there it will recommend PEQ settings that I plug into my WiiM Pro Plus. Very good starting point but I'm interested in how WiiM's room correction approach.

I'm wondering why there is no link in the WiiM Home App Settings for the WiiM Amp Roadmap, or even the WiiM Pro Plus Roadmap?

Back