WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
today i was connecting mine external dac with Audioquest/cinemaquest ITA 1/1 24 AWG Cable with audioquest ITC-24G/rca connectors...i don't know is it 50ohm or 75ohm, but the sound is great, can't find any faults...i'm still in dilemma, continue to use it or buy "proper" 75ohm coax cable? some of them are not that expensive but maybe audioquest is better or at least perfectly adequate...?

Last edited:
how to start Deezer streaming via wiim and wifi? Nothing works. I launch Deezer on my phone but it doesn’t see Wiim! On my phone, Deezer works through my Google phone account. I launch it on Wiim and it asks something unclear? Help step by step!

If I launch the Deezer mobile application, it only sees my smartphone. in the devices section. I'm launching an application on my smartphone. How do I link my Wiim? To Deezer?

how to start Deezer streaming via wiim and wifi? Nothing works. I launch Deezer on my phone but it doesn’t see Wiim! On my phone, Deezer works through my Google phone account. I launch it on Wiim and it asks something unclear? Help step by step!
Your Deezer app won’t see your WiiM device as Deezer doesn’t have a proper “cast/ connect” mechanism.

In order to use it from the WiiM Home app, you should select Deezer from the list of music services under Browse. On first use, you will be asked to enter your Deezer credentials I.e your Deezer username and password. After doing that, you should be able to select your music.

Your Deezer app won’t see your WiiM device as Deezer doesn’t have a proper “cast/ connect” mechanism.

In order to use it from the WiiM Home app, you should select Deezer from the list of music services under Browse. On first use, you will be asked to enter your Deezer credentials I.e your Deezer username and password. After doing that, you should be able to select your music.
I've never used Deezer, can he use Chromecast?

I've never used Deezer, can he use Chromecast?
On Android, I believe so (same re airplay of iOS) but I’m not sure if that has an impact on the quality. From memory, I think Deezer does CD quality at best, so casting using those protocols might work.

I log in to Deezer using my Google phone account. Through the input of the mobile application, Deezer works and transmits via Bluetooth to the DAC. I log in to wiim and click on deezer. I am transferred to the window where the Deezer password and login are. And below you can log in via your Google account. I log in through my Google account. But Wiim doesn't appear in devices?

I didn't write down my credentials. I logged in through the Google account on my smartphone and that’s it

I log in to Deezer using my Google phone account. Through the input of the mobile application, Deezer works and transmits via Bluetooth to the DAC. I log in to wiim and click on deezer. I am transferred to the window where the Deezer password and login are. And below you can log in via your Google account. I log in through my Google account. But Wiim doesn't appear in devices?
Are you saying that your WiiM device doesn’t appear when you choose Google Cast under the speaker icon in the Deezer app? It won’t appear as a separate device otherwise as Deezer itself doesn’t have a cast mechanism other than bluetooth or ChromeCast/Google Cast.

Also, which Wiim device do you have? If a Pro or Pro Plus , have you set up ChromeCast in the WiiM Home app?

I didn't configure anything. I just clicked on Deezer in the Wiim. Then the window opened. I clicked sign in with my Google account. Came in. But Wiim did not appear in Deezer mobile devices. Deezer doesn't see Wiim?

I didn't configure anything. I just clicked on Deezer in the Wiim. Then the window opened. I clicked sign in with my Google account. Came in. But Wiim did not appear in Deezer mobile devices. Deezer doesn't see Wiim?
Are you still trying to use the deezer app itself?
You need to either use deezer from within the wiim app, or, if you have a pro, enable chromecast in the wiim app then you can use the deezer app to chromecast to the pro.

can you step by step? Have you tried Google cast at all? What is this?

It's the Chromecast function that needs to be setup in the WiiM Settings menu. Once you've done that you should be able to cast from your phone to the WiiM device.

I understand a little. I can just open Wiim Home without Chromecast. From Wiim Home, launch Deezer (like Spotify) and link the Wiim device via Wi Fi to Deezer? I have Deezer on my phone. And from the phone you can’t see Wiim in devices. I open the Wiim Home app. Then I open Deezer in it. And Deezer asks you to enter your username and password. I enter my Google account login and password. It tells me that this is incorrect. And when I log into Deezer without Wiim, Deezer works through my Google account. But in this case I can only listen to music via bluetooth. Past the Wiim device. I can't stream Deezer via Wiim over Wi-Fi. I suffered all evening. I'm doing something wrong. Spotify launched for me right away. Is there something I don’t understand about Deezer?

Deezer works separately on the phone. Namely, with Wiim Home I can’t launch Deezer. I can launch Spotify. But Deezer doesn't.

If you have enabled chromecast from within the wiim app (Devices screen, press the 'cog' button to get to device settings, then scroll all the way down to the bottom to the Chromecast audio menu) then you should see the wiim, as a chromecast device, when you are in the deezer app.
You may also need to open the google home app and put the (chromecast) wiim into a room before it'll appear in deezer.

Otherwise, I think you need to find out what your direct username / password to deezer are, not your google login details, and put those into the wiim app when you choose deezer in there.

I understand that I am doing something wrong. I just can’t launch Deezer via Wiim Home. On the phone, Deezer is launched separately through your Google account. And on Wiim Home it asks you to enter your username and password. I enter my Google username and password but it gives me an error??? Although Deezer works separately without Wiim Home for this account?!

Deezer works separately on the phone. Namely, with Wiim Home I can’t launch Deezer. I can launch Spotify. But Deezer doesn't.
Spotify *always* uses spotify connect. Choosing spotify from wiim app just opens spotify app.

Back