My WiiM Pro set up

Kpyhifi

I have a WiiM Pro and a WiiM Mini. The Pro is connected via RCA line out to a Sony HT-A7000 soundbar analog input. I have a Sony Bravia OLED 55 TV connected by eARC HDMI. I also have a Sony UBP-800 Blu-ray player connected to the Bravia TV by HDMI. I have a large collection of CDs which play fine, and also 5.1 multichannel SACDs which sadly I am now only able to play via a Bluetooth (albeit LDAC) to the soundbar due to HDCP limitations which I only discovered after purchase. (The soundbar replaced an AVR and KEF speakers). I access music files from my network. I also use the Pro with my turntable, connected via an iFi phono pre-amp to the RCA line in inputs. The analog output from the Pro is again as before used to connect to the soundbar. I like the ability to have multiroom audio from my Technics SL-1500 turntable (grouping the Pro and the Mini, which is connected via analog out to a Sony wireless speaker). I stream Hi-Res music (I’ve tried Tidal, Quboz and Amazon, and have settled on Amazon. The soundbar does 360RA and Dolby Atmos via Alexa Cast itself, and can handle very high quality audio formats). The main reason I got the WiiMs was for the ability to have multiroom audio from my turntable. I also use Airplay2 multiroom to stream music to all speakers around the house. I’m very pleased with the audio quality of both the WiiM Pro and Mini.

Back