Severe sync / latency

Kpyhifi

I am unable to use Airplay cast to my home system when casting to my Sony HT-A7000 soundbar using line-in to my WiiM Pro because of severe sync latency problems which cannot be resolved with either auto or manual audio sync. I have logged a ticket but wondered whether other users have experienced similar problems? Is it an issue with a digital processing delay within the Sony soundbar perhaps? (As it’s not an AVR I don’t have any Pure Direct facility).

What’s the line in coming from? Can you make any adjustments there? See this link which suggests Airplay casting involves some buffering and hence a delay.

Post in thread 'Airplay to stereo Homepods out of sync'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/airplay-to-stereo-homepods-out-of-sync.2165/post-36253

Nonetheless, I’d submit a ticket to WiiM with as much detail of your setup and what you’re trying to do to see if they have a solution or suggestion to improve the situation.

Hi - I’m using line-in from my turntable phono pre-amp to the WiiM Pro. I also have a Sony HT-A7000 soundbar, a WiiM Mini and an Airplay 2 speaker all of which I’m trying to Airplay cast to. All 3 play but are massively out of sync.

Back