400 ms latency over Bluetooth

smm

I just got my WiiM Pro, mainly to use as a Bluetooth receiver, but the latency is horrible. I need to use 400 ms delay in VLC for audio and video to be synchronized. It goes without saying that youtube, games, and other sources that don't have audio sync features are intolerable. Is there any fix for this? I saw in another thread that 85 ms should be possible.

A typical delay for the SBC codec is 200ms (+-50). It may be possible to improve it by removing obstacles and radio interference, but it is limited.

Is the Bluetooth transmitter a TV?

A typical delay for the SBC codec is 200ms (+-50). It may be possible to improve it by removing obstacles and radio interference, but it is limited.

Is the Bluetooth transmitter a TV?
It's a computer. When I connect to my headphones I have almost unnoticeable latency but the issue may indeed be the codec. Maybe there's a way to send audio via wifi, as a Windows audio device.

It's a computer. When I connect to my headphones I have almost unnoticeable latency but the issue may indeed be the codec. Maybe there's a way to send audio via wifi, as a Windows audio device.
I think the Chrome browser on Windows can send audio to the Wiim with Chromecast (I haven't tried it, so I might be wrong).

Chrome on Windows couldn't send audio to the WiiM, Sorry...

I don't know how to output only audio over Wi-Fi from a PC to WiiM. I think it's probably difficult.

For low-latency Bluetooth, a transceiver that supports aptX-LL may be the best choice. For example, such a product.

1000003647.jpg

Thank you for the advice. I was able to stream from Chrome on Windows, but it only works for one tab at a time and the latency is still very high. I did originally consider getting a regular Bluetooth receiver but I was told the Wiim Pro would have better sound quality when I use it for streaming.

Last edited:
I tested with line-in from my computer to the WiiM, and there is no noticeable latency, so I think the answer is indeed to get an affordable aptX BT receiver and use WiFi when sound quality is more important than latency. Thanks for the help, guys!

Hey. I registered to tell you this LOL. I have a similar issue using another DAC and optical on my PC. download this free software called Equalizer APO. You can then set a system wide delay and/or EQ etc per output device.

I do find on my PC I need to run the system configuration part (where it shows the delay and EQ) everytime I start the machine.... so there is that. But it'll

Back