My WiiM Pro Plus (+) tests

:ninja:same as mine. Time to reinstall the app probably.

But no luck.

Edit: wrong security settings in LMS. Everything is fine.
surprising that you did not receive the non-beta version, "modified" in view of the efforts you produce for wiim and to be able to observe the differences or not between beta and finalized..:confused:
(you offer the most complete and dense study...)

Last edited:
Short comparison of frequency responses between different filters of the Pro Plus:

1694276272212.png

Both fast linear and fast min phase filters have similar responses. It's the same also for both slow filters. NOS filter has very bad attenuation for high frequencies, as expected.

Impulse responses, starting from fast linear, then fast min phase, slow linear, slow min phase, NOS and low dispersion:

1694276555553.png1694276585004.png1694276612394.png
1694276638929.png1694276660338.png1694276696904.png

thank you...
classic..
;-)
but:

ap32?
smpte? ccif?

--- thd-thd+n vs frequency?

somes sensibles differences with differents filters?
;-)

Last edited:
thank you...
classic..
;-)
but:

ap32?
smpte? ccif?

--- thd-thd+n vs frequency?

somes sensibles differences with differents filters?
;-)
Soon :)

For now I can say that there is no difference in THD vs frequency sweeps for all slow and fast filters.

always the same comportement
Soon :)

For now I can say that there is no difference in THD vs frequency sweeps for all slow and fast filters.
:confused::confused:
(Are we talking about your “plus” beta? not the “plus" commercialized?)

Everything above is about my old pre-prod Pro Plus, it's the only sample I got.

No difference in distortion levels between filters at low frequencies. Changing the filter will not improve the performance in this case.
And a different story with high frequencies as shown in CCIF test due to different attenuation levels and strong aliases for the NOS filter:

1694283077457.png

Last edited:
Fast seems the best choice in the above graph. Is this the default ? Although at 1k slow behaves better

Everything above is about my old pre-prod Pro Plus, it's the only sample I got.

No difference in distortion levels between filters at low frequencies. Changing the filter will not improve the performance in this case.
And a different story with high frequencies as shown in CCIF test due to different attenuations levels and strong aliases for the NOS filter:

View attachment 2481
at high frequencies it is logical...but let's hope that there is really a difference under 1k in thd...etc with the "modified" version..
it has never been explained in what way has been modified...in my opinion it's very clumsy...
(no thd vs frequency, the more explicite...?? ;-) )

If this link was posted here earlier, I missed it, but here's a nice paper discussing the effects of digital filters specifically with the AKM 4493-series DACs, like the one used in the Pro Plus:

Back