My WiiM Pro Plus 2nd sample test

Me neither since I first got my pro. If I recall, one report identified the cause as being the proximity of a Netgear power line plug, while the other claims it happens when the volume limit wasn’t set to 100%. Their ticket to WiiM has been updated with that info.

I have my volume limit set to 90% for my Pro’s coax out, and have just ramped my amp volume up to max with nary a sound.

There is another instance on the Facebook WiiM Fan page but that’s beginning to look like a cable issue or maybe even the Pro’s coax out physical connection as it doesn’t cause an issue (as yet) because the cable is now straight and not putting a strain on the socket.

I don’t think it really matters whether it’s white noise, crackly noise or whatever - I just took it as unwanted audio like you’d get on an old fashioned analogue radio between stations.

Guess we could ask the OP to post a graph. Just joking, of course... ;)

I don’t think it really matters whether it’s white noise, crackly noise or whatever - I just took it as unwanted audio like you’d get on an old fashioned analogue radio between stations.

Guess we could ask the OP to post a graph. Just joking, of course... ;)
it's to try to understand what would be technically involved...
what if the connection fails when this noise ?

I've just captured the digital audio output for both coax and toslink, with the current FW and the previous one on the Pro, 90 % limiter. All files were bit-perfect to each other, so it's either not related to a "noise" in the digital domain or something else matters.

Comparing 100% limiter with 90% also shows that no "noise" has been introduced in the digital domain.

I've just captured the digital audio output for both coax and toslink, with the current FW and the previous one on the Pro, 90 % limiter. All files were bit-perfect to each other, so it's either not related to a "noise" in the digital domain or something else matters.

Comparing 100% limiter with 90% also shows that no "noise" has been introduced in the digital domain.
And the same applies when connected with Ethernet port?

To be honest I am torn between mxn 10 and pro plus. Of course the price is better for the pro plus and it has the PEQ but still intend to use it with coaxial and Ethernet whatever streamer I buy.

To be honest I am torn between mxn 10 and pro plus. Of course the price is better for the pro plus and it has the PEQ but still intend to use it with coaxial and Ethernet whatever streamer I buy.
if you don't have a dac use...there's pro "no more"(and roon possibility ..some news for roon +plus? more bands for peq?)...the price gap with the cambridge becomes really important...quite to see the evolution of the new products in one or two years....

Last edited:
I’ve used my Pro with Ethernet and coax for almost a year in what some might class as less than ideal circumstances, very close to my cable modem/router/switch, lots of intertwining cables (power and signal), using a phone charger plugged into a domestic 6-way multi block extension, shared with power line adaptors. My Pro Plus sits on top of my Pro beside my amp but uses wifi and analog out due to lack of Ethernet and further digital ports. Despite all that, I have no issue with electrical interference, static, drop outs or any of the ills that barely a handful of people (two at most?) have recently mentioned.

Also, if you’re going to be using coax out and bypass the streamer’s own DAC, why not just go for a Pro? You could almost get three for the price of the mxn 10 ;)

I have no direct experience of the Cambridge streamer (although I did have one of their very early dacmagic boxes years ago), but I’d doubt if they have as active, helpful and knowledgeable a forum as we have here ;)

What I do not understand (and I did not dive deep) is why buying a Plus instead of the "old" Pro when it is intended to use it with an external DAC. Any advantage?

I’ve used my Pro with Ethernet and coax for almost a year in what some might class as less than ideal circumstances, very close to my cable modem/router/switch, lots of intertwining cables (power and signal), using a phone charger plugged into a domestic 6-way multi block extension, shared with power line adaptors. My Pro Plus sits on top of my Pro beside my amp but uses wifi and analog out due to lack of Ethernet and further digital ports. Despite all that, I have no issue with electrical interference, static, drop outs or any of the ills that barely a handful of people (two at most?) have recently mentioned.

Also, if you’re going to be using coax out and bypass the streamer’s own DAC, why not just go for a Pro? You could almost get three for the price of the mxn 10 ;)

I have no direct experience of the Cambridge streamer (although I did have one of their very early dacmagic boxes years ago), but I’d doubt if they have as active, helpful and knowledgeable a forum as we have here ;)
No doubt helpful and vivid community! Thanks for your comprehensive and reassuring answer...

What I do not understand (and I did not dive deep) is why buying a Plus instead of the "old" Pro when it is intended to use it with an external DAC. Any advantage?
Maybe hidden advantage related to circuit board? I do not remember @onlyoneme testing the clock deviation of pro plus compared to pro when outputting to a non asynchronous dac as in my case.

Back