My WiiM Pro Plus 2nd sample test

Thanks @steadyshot! Finally, photos inside the housing :)
The DAC/ADC analog section is much larger.
The digital section has also been redesigned, see the power circuits - probably for better filtration and noise reduction. A lot of electronics for such a small box :)

It's the second V2 version, who knows what V3 will be like
maybe a resizing of the power supply filtering regulation etc more in relation to the consumption etc of the akm card (without relation to the previous texas)?

Is Amazon USA now selling the "new" version; or should I wait few more weeks?

What’s that based on? I haven’t seen anything from WiiM to suggest that, nor that it’ll be marketed and sold differently. Plus at the end of the day, does it really make any practical difference?
That is my understanding from the testing of onlyoneme. Ok maybe I am wrong . Am I wrong ?

I’ve not seen anything from what @onlyoneme has posted in this thread to suggest that it‘s not “ready” whatever is meant by that. Have I missed something?

But it says testing before the release of new pro plus pcb version. The comment was at Oct 14th
I would venture to speculate that until present stock is depleted things will remain in a shroud of corporate mystery...
Just hope this topic will not become taboo.
Oh well, time will tell.

My position is that I appreciate the effort of Linkplay to improve the product engineering. There is no need to pretend that all of this, especially when reflected in actual measured performance ,is only done to appease the measurement freaks . The audience understands, they are not idiots .

So in my view this will not harm sales . It will boost them even further because people who did not buy pro plus will now believe it is even better than the reviews say it is . For some it will defer purchasing but that’s about it. The rest do not care .

Last edited:
I have seen a lot of people complaining about noise from coaxial out for the wiim pro. Is this addressed in wiim pro plus?

Back