My WiiM Pro Plus 2nd sample test

Well, I would say that what you can read in this thread is part of the thorough testing before the release of the improved Pro Plus version.
Yes, but it would be best to avoid the need for a revised version. I look forward to seeing your thorough testing of the Wiim Amp before I buy it.

Yes, but it would be best to avoid the need for a revised version. I look forward to seeing your thorough testing of the Wiim Amp before I buy it.
As usual with the production of any new device, there’s a balance to be struck between the amount of pre release testing and the fixing of major and minor issues. How you define major and minor issues is very subjective and a manufacturer has to decide if it’s desirable or economically feasible to fix what a large section of their intended market might see as a minor issue, if indeed that market segment is aware of the issue at all in their day-to-day normal use of the product.

A simple mind like me would say: 99% of the purchasers of such a product do not even know that such "issues" exist because they simply do not hear it. The remaining tiny fraction has its playground here.

Main post updated with measurements after the FW update. This time I've used an LPS as a basis for comparisons.

Main post updated with measurements after the FW update. This time I've used an LPS as a basis for comparisons.
Good to see that after these measurements and firmware revisions you “would stay on the position that it's unlikely to hear differences between these 2 revisions“ and that in your opinion ”replacing the mentioned analog interconnects or power sources does not produce any audible effect. The differences generated in the form of delta files are not large enough to affect audibility.”

Out of interest, why do you have the SBooster LPS - just for tests like this or do you find it offers benefits in other areas?

Thanks again for your efforts in doing these tests even if I don’t fully understand every graph - looking forward to similar tests of the WiiM Amp once you get your hands on your beta unit. Some guys have all the luck ;) 🤣

Good to see that after these measurements and firmware revisions you “would stay on the position that it's unlikely to hear differences between these 2 revisions“ and that in your opinion ”replacing the mentioned analog interconnects or power sources does not produce any audible effect. The differences generated in the form of delta files are not large enough to affect audibility.”

Out of interest, why do you have the SBooster LPS - just for tests like this or do you find it offers benefits in other areas?

Thanks again for your efforts in doing these tests even if I don’t fully understand every graph - looking forward to similar tests of the WiiM Amp once you get your hands on your beta unit. Some guys have all the luck ;) 🤣
DeltaWave tests are not yet updated, so still a chance I will change my mind ;)

Regarding Sbooster, I've bought it for my scope mainly but also for audio measurements. I was also curious how an LPS without earthed DC side will perform.

Now I can see that the first sentence about the entire post being corrected is too optimistic. It's not yet the entire post.

@onlyoneme

My brain doesn't know what you're doing, but I know you're doing a great job here.
Thank you so much. 😉

By the way, GaN chargers are in fashion among Japan audiophiles. It all started with Wi-Fi routers. Rumors spread that replacing the router's power adapter with a GaN charger would reduce wireless noise and improve audio quality. Nowadays, it seems that the number of users who use GaN for WiiM is increasing.

I'm skeptical of this rumor, but I'm using a GaN charger on my WiiM to make sure it's true.

To be honest I can't hear the difference. However, GaN chargers seem to have a less noise noise generated from inside and less heat.

It's funny that you've mentioned these GaN toys because I was thinking about it just yesterday. Not sure which one to choose so I'll probably take an Ugreen for testing.

It's funny that you've mentioned these GaN toys because I was thinking about it just yesterday. Not sure which one to choose so I'll probably take an Ugreen for testing.
It's a strange thing.

If you haven't placed an order yet, consider the brand "AOHI".

AOHI's GaN charger has been verified a bit in an article in Japan's economic newspaper.

@onlyoneme

It's only free to read at the beginning, but AOHI and Anker seem to have less voltage error at high-power outputs. In other words, these two brands have the potential to excel than other brands.

And now the entire post is updated as I've refreshed also DeltaWave content. My personal conclusions remain the same as before.

bravo onlyoneme for this effort to clean up and thank you for your efforts...!
even if it is good manners to explain that nothing is understood so what you did this last year was of no use,......
drc on the fixed output "bit perfect", a clear hardware problem which led wiim to quickly produce a v2, and now unearthed a surprising problem (would be nice to have some explanations from wiim on these two points) linked to the differences between power supplies 5v does it seem repairable via firmware to come...

wiim is right to continue to count on individuals like you to carry out these simple test batteries requiring only rather modest means in terms of cost and free software.. but time, passion and rigor..
the problem would therefore be to allow us to challenge wiim so that they progress and not that they do not carry out a minimum of controls on the audio side, not complicated, before production upgrades or creation of new firmware etc ...
the audio control has not comparable on the debug controls side to the enormous efforts concerning the software part, nothing.. the proof....

it's funny...
it seems to me that inviting wiim to integrate this audio approach more is rather benevolent..."to do better"..."debug"..

we can also require wiim to put back the drc..
to remarket v1..
definitely not to put the upcoming patch concerning the power supply etc...
all that's not a big deal....(which I also think fundamentally ;-) )

Last edited:
I don't have access to my "hifi" currently, I'll have to use headphones etc.. not the courage and not my subject at the moment... sorry...:oops:
( a idea ..a good version, technical, of the suite of bach for cello ,or partita of violon, one cimbalum, one kora, a tar, a oud, piano, harpsichord, zarb etc alone... can be a good choise ;-) )

(in any case I had removed the mini finding it in analogue not great. .).
the pro plus seems now ok to me, thanks to you, well off to a good start and becoming mature in analog...if with this firmware patch and becomes available..will be under the christmas tree ;-)

Last edited:
Back