My Pro tests

alleluia!!!!
but...
if you push the 1khz by 6db, for example...
What is happening ?
this is the "origin" of all these problems..., ""the original sin"....

digital clipping possible if frequencies pushed in the "eq mode on"
;-)

Last edited:
alleluia!!!!
but...
if you push the 1khz by 6db, for example...
What is happening?
this is the "origin" of all these problems..., ""the original sin"....

digital clipping possible if frequencies pushed in the "eq mode on"
;-)
Looks like -1dB headroom in the EQ mode, so if you push the limit and add 6dB gain to the 1kHz band you will see a massive clipping.
Sine 1 kHz:

1679666063934.png

ok..
now no drc
problems again..
look the levels 0db and 0.7 more
;-)
but become very possible to play in eq mode if just by lowering values ..
in that case... good news (and even need to lower the output level)

Yes..
but people just have to understand that especially in frequencies with level .. you must not play "positive" with the eq mode ..
once said...it should be ok

I would like to see here an auto headroom applied based on the gains of EQ bands.
Or at least selectable pregain in the EQ.

i know...
:-0
(remains now possible if more this drc to adjust "manually" in a rough way the output level in compensation of the eq mode if " in positif")

Last edited:
invites you to think about the consequences of removing drc in eq on mode...
its impact...
its interest in these circumstances...
:-0

here we are just back to the situation of risk of digital clipping in eq mode which prevailed until mid-October and the doubly clumsy installation of the famous drc...
a solution not very elegant but effective to avoid any worries ...

now except to realize the situation, explain what to do according to the corrections made... there are all the reasons to end up with clipping... (much more unpleasant and problematic than the drc...)
on a case-by-case ..
Good luck... not easy... :-o

the fundamental concern being always there...for the general public, the drc was not the worst solution, even if the camouflage :unsure:

Last edited:
From my perspective a DRC was the worst choice simply because it's unexpected in the streamer. It can be selectable, no problem, but not forced with a fixed threshold.
The auto headroom would be effective as well and more elegant. Bear in mind we have a PEQ in the perspective. Would you like to use the PEQ with such DRC limiter implementation?

"The auto headroom would be effective as well and more elegant"
yes of coursehat's what we could have hoped for from the start!, just that wiim has never managed to integrate!

and certainly not to suggest that the problem has been solved....

without explanation on the fact that it is necessary to lower in certain proportions and certain cases the output level.. the drc is unfortunately not the worst workaround...
the risk of digital clipping is much more unpleasant...

""the peq in perspective"""..
;-)
( """""drc or not drc.. in your analog output in no eq mode..that is the question!!???""""
;-)
different with the new firmware?
)

Last edited:
my point is certainly confused or hardly understandable..
but as it stands is not particularly good news....
the drc had been engaged because there is a real problem in eq mode... a workaround...

it has not been fixed...
it come back

I've decided to repeat Multitone measurements using native test files instead of REW ones and with higher FFT size 512K, on miniDSP with ASRC again. Numbers below, first 3 columns are for Mini, everything executed at 48 kHz but captured at 96 kHz due to internal miniDSP samplerate.

View attachment 252

Plus sine 12k graphs especially for @canard :)

Mini:
View attachment 253

Pro:
View attachment 255
Sorry but are those measurements of the Flex's analog outputs or digital loopback?
Furthermore, if Flex has ASRC on spdif input why those jitter results differ so much?

Last edited:
Back