My Pro tests

I've made some analog measurements of Pro with a charger and with a battery power pack. There is nothing to say... all measurements I usually do were the same regardless of the power source. The only difference I've seen was when I captured a silence.
Charger model I've used was a cheap Sunny SYS1561-1105.

Pro with a charger:
1675895661610.png

Pro with a battery pack:
1675895687246.png

in my memory..
during small tests with mini a long time ago I had small differences (see in imd etc.)
but surprisingly not with the best results with a samsung battery, or large recent transformers over 2a.. but old small 1a transformers..

you have the opportunity to see this with the mini and your cosmos.. which, as for the audio, may be a little less clean than the pro... (but the old chromecast always did a little better in ana)
have fun
;-)

Last edited:
in my memory..
during small tests with mini a long time ago I had small differences (see in imd etc.)
but surprisingly not with the best results with a samsung battery, or large recent transformers over 2a.. but old small 1a transformers..

you have the opportunity to see this with the mini and your cosmos.. which, as for the audio, may be a little less clean than the pro... (but the old chromecast always did a little better in ana)
have fun
;-)
Similar behavior for Mini, differences only for silence.

Apple A1400 charger:
1676218411811.png

Power bank:
1676218434167.png

it does not correspond to my point about the small transformer compared to the powerbank... hihi...
(but I used the small transformer of the chromecast much more qualitative does it seem to me than this old little apple)
but
joins again the fact that the mini ... is "mini" ...
the processing of the current is well set back compared to the pro...
but nothing surprising ... the cost, miniaturization etc.

but is it consistent to put money on the power side of this 90dollar mini for modest analog use?
in any case.. the impact is there with the mini
;-)
in imd different or not?
;-)

Last edited:
it does not correspond to my point about the small transformer compared to the powerbank... hihi...
(but I used the small transformer of the chromecast much more qualitative does it seem to me than this old little apple)
but
joins again the fact that the mini ... is "mini" ...
the processing of the current is well set back compared to the pro...
but nothing surprising ... the cost, miniaturization etc.

but is it consistent to put money on the power side of this 90dollar mini for modest analog use?
in any case.. the impact is there with the mini
;-)
in imd different or not?
;-)
I haven't noticed any IMD differences in SMPTE tests.

Short comparison of DAC in Pro with an ancient one, Styleaudio Carat Ruby II. Carat is 12 years old and based on PCM1796 DAC chip.
Can Pro replace an old external DAC?

Frequency response -3 dBFS sweep 96kHz:
1676365795491.png

Harmonic distortions:
1676365957276.png

SMPTE 48 kHz:
1676366303801.png

Sine 1K:
1676366478868.png

A little confusing that the pro changed from blue to red/orange in one screenshot.
While they look pretty, any commentary for the uneducated? Yes, I include myself in that segment.

A little confusing that the pro changed from blue to red/orange in one screenshot.
While they look pretty, any commentary for the uneducated? Yes, I include myself in that segment.
This unexpected change provokes an increase in concentration ;)
No detailed commentary, I'm not educated enough for that. But if you focus on first 2 graphs you can see that Pro is more linear in the frequency response and has less harmonic distortions.

WiiM Pro 4.8.507636 (Latest)

Release date:

2 / 14 / 2023

This update involves the following:
  • Improvement - Support 10-band graphic EQ and 24 preset EQ for Chromecast
  • Improvement - Support Mono mode for Chromecast
  • Improvement - Dim the brightness of the status light when device goes standby
  • Fixed - SPDIF in a distortion from certain TVs
  • Fixed - Ethernet disconnection from some routers
  • Fixed - Unexpected stop when playing AMHD
  • Fixed - Unable to use the TIDAL Connect after seeking and skipping multiple times
  • Fixed – Unexpected logout for Amazon Music account when the internet is inaccessible
  • Fixed – Rare random crash issues for the TIDAL Connect and Spotify Connect
  • Fixed - Unable to mute with Amazon Alexa
  • Fixed – Play with wrong speed for the TIDAL Connect in rare cases
  • Fixed - Track is skipped occasionally when playing AMHD from Amazon Music app
  • Fixed - Unable to enter standby mode after pausing playback from Chromecast
  • Other bug fixes and performance improvements

WiiM Pro 4.8.507636 (Latest)

Release date:

2 / 14 / 2023

This update involves the following:
  • Improvement - Support 10-band graphic EQ and 24 preset EQ for Chromecast
  • Improvement - Support Mono mode for Chromecast
  • Improvement - Dim the brightness of the status light when device goes standby
  • Fixed - SPDIF in a distortion from certain TVs
  • Fixed - Ethernet disconnection from some routers
  • Fixed - Unexpected stop when playing AMHD
  • Fixed - Unable to use the TIDAL Connect after seeking and skipping multiple times
  • Fixed – Unexpected logout for Amazon Music account when the internet is inaccessible
  • Fixed – Rare random crash issues for the TIDAL Connect and Spotify Connect
  • Fixed - Unable to mute with Amazon Alexa
  • Fixed – Play with wrong speed for the TIDAL Connect in rare cases
  • Fixed - Track is skipped occasionally when playing AMHD from Amazon Music app
  • Fixed - Unable to enter standby mode after pausing playback from Chromecast
  • Other bug fixes and performance improvements
And a bug - WiFi can no longer be disabled.

And a bug - WiFi can no longer be disabled.
Hi Onlyoneme,

Thanks for your reminder! It's a known issue that we'll fix in next App release. The App displayed the wrong status when WiFi is disabled. Thank you!

Back