My WiiM Pro Plus 2nd sample test

Nothing about eventually sound differences, but I tried the following cables with my Pro and all fit and worked well. Not really cheap, but the WiiMs deserve good manufactured cables!

Furutech FX Alpha
Audioquest Forest
Supra Cables EFF-ISL
Thanks Achim!

Btw here is a technical review of Wiim Pro from a reputable source in Greece. You can translate (since it is in Greek) : https://www.avmentor.gr/reviews/2023/wiim_pro_2.htm
given the spdif output measurements...
we can invite wiim in future revision versions to take care of these outputs...
qualitative buffering efforts (and a slightly higher level... we avoid being below 0.5vpp)

given the spdif output measurements...
we can invite wiim in future revision versions to take care of these outputs...
qualitative buffering efforts (and a slightly higher level... we avoid being below 0.5vpp)
I don’t understand what you mean. Can you elaborate ?

Post in thread 'WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)' https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...view-measurements-streamer.47020/post-1769863

a part of onlyoneme's discussions-measures on the digital outputs ignored here...rather important...with significant impacts... (but also the fact that there are far too many shortcuts on what the presumed quality of a digital source just observed at the output... of a DAC etc... huge technical bias)

A huge thank you to @onlyoneme and @VintageFlanker for their excellent service in testing the WiiM devices, and a relevant article on testing from Archimago:

He gots lot of headwind in his blog. I like him very much, but he is as less an instance as JDV is.

A huge thank you to @onlyoneme and @VintageFlanker for their excellent service in testing the WiiM devices, and a relevant article on testing from Archimago:

Thx :)

And also for introducing my favorite blogger's website. I have great respect for him for such sentences:
"Just because some companies advertised based on a narrow set of measurements to catch the consumer's attention doesn't mean nobody measured products more broadly or understood the performance more holistically."

I have a pcb revision 2 wiim pro plus. Is it a pariah compared to the later / fixed versions ?
The fix implemented after mine was for what in particular ?

Very impressed by your measurements. Have you compared the bit perfect digital output via coax and toslink using the stock PSU? You indicated that you used a very high quality PS for your measurements. Just curious if the power supply would make a difference for the digital board.

Depends on what you mean exactly. In terms of being bit perfect for digital data sent to the receiver - both digital outputs remain bit perfect for the stock PSU.
When comparing low frequency components of the analog carrier over the coaxial output, for the WiiM Pro:

stock:
1711443144376.png

linear regulated battery:
1711443206922.png

What your measurements suggest/mean is that if one is using the Wiim Pro or Plus as a digital streamer only, a high quality linear supply should make no difference vs the stock SMPS. If so, I should stop trying to improve my Wiim Pro Plus with a better power supply! Thanks!

What your measurements suggest/mean is that if one is using the Wiim Pro or Plus as a digital streamer only, a high quality linear supply should make no difference vs the stock SMPS. If so, I should stop trying to improve my Wiim Pro Plus with a better power supply! Thanks!
Well, the shape is equally good (or bad) regardless of the PSU used:

1711487943606.png

1711487964287.png

Back