My WiiM Pro Plus (+) tests

My next upgrade is either topping e70velvet or wiim pro plus. I wonder if I have to pay the premium for topping to improve my current system

My next upgrade is either topping e70velvet or wiim pro plus. I wonder if I have to pay the premium for topping to improve my current system
but what is the relationship between the e70v and the wiim plus?:unsure:

A small update on ADC measurements after 4.8.524946 FW update, the only difference is slightly reduced noise level, by 2-3 dB. Previous measurements seem to be still valid when distortions dominate.

1690972867632.png

So from your conclusion it does not seem to offer any exceptional value . Especially as you imply that it is far from comparable to 500$ dacs. It is just typical in its price class. @onlyoneme

Last edited:
I've no idea what game you are trying to play here, but since now you're being ignored.

For me 170 euros are respectable . For you it may be nothing…
not that my point...
on the one hand an all-in-one streamer....
from the other point... just a dac
219 (plus) vs 170 ( pro)+450 dollars
not 170...
:p
:oops:

Last edited:
not that my point...
on the one hand an all-in-one streamer....
from the other point... just a dac
219 (plus) vs 170 ( pro)+450 dollars
not 170...
:p
:oops:
Ok the context is that I already have a mini . So it is either 400euros the e70v or 220 the wiim pro plus. The difference is 180 since I can find it for 400. So yes I don’t want to give 180 more if I don’t see much value

euhhh
Ok the context is that I already have a mini . So it is either 400euros the e70v or 220 the wiim pro plus. The difference is 180 since I can find it for 400. So yes I don’t want to give 180 more if I don’t see much value
if we can discuss the interest of pro vs more if not the use of the analog stage ..,
compare the mini side current and future features to a pro or more ... is still hardly possible ...

but if deem you enough,
remains a much higher jitter on the mini..impact or not...it's up to you...

have you listened to this e70v in your system? with your "music"?
Please?
Go on

END
given the efforts of onlyoneme... no question, for me, of rotting his thread any more... I have already been quite clumsy...

I agree it’s not an easy decision until someone does a pro plus v e70v direct comparison to see which, in their opinion, sounds better. Ok, you’re comparing a feature rich streamer with a new inbuilt DAC (and scope to become even more feature rich) to what appears to be a very well regarded DAC from an established name at almost double the price (give or take), so it’s not quite apples v apples.

While I personally find it hard to differentiate between the output of two competent DACs (blame age and hearing aids) , I must say the Pro Plus has been in constant use here since I got my test unit.

I agree it’s not an easy decision until someone does a pro plus v e70v direct comparison to see which, in their opinion, sounds better. Ok, you’re comparing a feature rich streamer with a new inbuilt DAC (and scope to become even more feature rich) to what appears to be a very well regarded DAC from an established name at almost double the price (give or take), so it’s not quite apples v apples.

While I personally find it hard to differentiate between the output of two competent DACs (blame age and hearing aids) , I must say the Pro Plus has been in constant use here since I got my test unit.
Fair enough Brantome :)

I think the next version of wiim will be pro plus 2 with all these additional connections most especially usb. I hope there’s a sub out with adjustable crossover and room correction. I’m willing to pay premium price if the room correction is from Dirac.

Back