Wiim Pro Plus issues with optical Output

EtilaS

Hi all,
I aplogize first for my bad english... :(

I've bought a Wiim Pro Plus and since the beginning I have problems with SPDIF out.

The Wiim Pro Plus is plugged to 2 Devialet Phantom II.

Sources: Qobuz (Ethernet) or TV (SPDIF in).

The SPDIF output resulution is set to 24/96 (max for Devialet). Fixed volume. No EQ.

Everything is always OK for 30 to 60 minutes, but each time after the delay, sound is going to be bad, it crakles, with less power.

I just need to reload the source and it's OK but don't understand why?

I try with 3 optical cables....

No problem in analog, with RCA output to the Devialet (but by this way I don't use the Devialet's DAC).

Any idea?? Hardware problem? Should I return the WiiM??? :mad::cry:

Thanks, I did it when i read your answer.
I don't have an answer yet, but my Wiim pro Plus had reset 3 times automatically since my feedback (chance??).
After 2 reset it was the same.
Testing right now since the third one.....

Last edited:
Hi,
The problem was not the bitrate, I tried 16/44 and it was the same.
I don't know where is the problem, but I decided to use the RCA output, maybe the toslink out is not really good (others post on the forum are talking of troubles).

Hi,
The problem was not the bitrate, I tried 16/44 and it was the same.
I don't know where is the problem, but I decided to use the RCA output, maybe the toslink out is not really good (others post on the forum are talking of troubles).
it could be the devialets?? have you got another device with optical out to test your speakers with?
have you ever used the devialets with 24/96 toslink before??

your problem is with qoobuz ethernet..or only tv in toslink? (can you deconnect cable tv for test with qoobuz?)

Last edited:
Back