WIIM AMP with ROON & RAAT Protocol ?

WhiteShirts

I'm a fan of WIIM PRO streamer using it with my DEVIALET PHANTOM. I like the RAAT protocol while using ROON.
It looks like WIIM AMP is compatible with AIRPLAY 2 but what about RAAT Protocol?
Let us know if WIIN AMP is supporting RAAT Protocol so that I can use with ROON Software.
Thanks.

At the moment, no, but you should be able to see it in Roon as a ChromeCast or AirPlay endpoint.

It’ll need to undergo Roon certification which can take many months - for example, the Pro Plus has been going thru that process since its release in July/August and it still isn’t certified. Roon are very exacting and take their time certifying new kit.

At the moment, no, but you should be able to see it in Roon as a ChromeCast or AirPlay endpoint.

It’ll need to undergo Roon certification which can take many months - for example, the Pro Plus has been going thru that process since its release in July/August and it still isn’t certified. Roon are very exacting and take their time certifying new kit.
I will be interesting to see if this changes now that Samsung own Roon

Question#1 to the WIIM people and developers: When are you going to add the RAAT (ROON) protocol into WIIM AMP? Is it a matter of a few weeks, or a few month or 1 year or 2 years?

Question#2: if you add the RAAT / ROON feature to WIIM AMP is it going to be compatible with the current Hardware that we buy now?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

Question#1 to the WIIM people and developers: When are you going to add the RAAT (ROON) protocol into WIIM AMP? Is it a matter of a few weeks, or a few month or 1 year or 2 years?

Question#2: if you add the RAAT / ROON feature to WIIM AMP is it going to be compatible with the current Hardware that we buy now?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

Think I pretty much answered that above - I don’t see Wiim not passing this for Roon certification which will most likely take a good few months (three to six at least) and it will be a firmware upgrade to existing kit as it was for the Pro.

I sent a support request to WiiM about Roon certification on the amp. They said about 2 months and the process has started.

I sent a support request to WiiM about Roon certification on the amp. They said about 2 months and the process has started.
To be honest, they are perhaps being optimistic as Roon seem to take a fair bit of time. I’d say three to four months and hope you’re pleasantly surprised if it happens earlier.

Back