Roon and Wiim groups

bom13

Hello...I am new to the WiiM world and have just purchased a couple of pro's. My plan is to use them to replace a bunch of older Sonos gear (connects & amps). I plan to use Roon as my central control for all zones. I do have 2 Sonos Moves, which I plan on keeping and using them via Airplay. My question is does WiiM support mixed groups? Meaning...can I select my Pro's (in Roon) as native RAAT and then group the Moves via Airplay? Or do I have to select all the zones in Roon as Airplay? I couldn't find any information on mixing protocols when grouping all zones.
thanks in advance for any info......
Brian

Hello...I am new to the WiiM world and have just purchased a couple of pro's. My plan is to use them to replace a bunch of older Sonos gear (connects & amps). I plan to use Roon as my central control for all zones. I do have 2 Sonos Moves, which I plan on keeping and using them via Airplay. My question is does WiiM support mixed groups? Meaning...can I select my Pro's (in Roon) as native RAAT and then group the Moves via Airplay? Or do I have to select all the zones in Roon as Airplay? I couldn't find any information on mixing protocols when grouping all zones.
thanks in advance for any info......
Brian
One thing surely...you could group only Airplay devices, not mixed zone

You can’t mix protocols in Roon or other apps. If you want them all as synced group you would need to use one common to them all which is Airplay.

Back