24 Bit / 192 kHz SPDIF optical output issue.

JazzBohemian

Hello, I have purchased a Wiim Pro Plus and despite trying it on two devices that support 24 Bit / 192 kHz via the optical output, I am unable to get a 24 bit / 192 kHz output. I can only get output up to 96 kHz. When I play the 24 Bit / 192 kHz output test demo from the Wiim Pro Plus settings, I hear distorted sounds. I have tried with two different DACs and two different optical cables, but the issue persists. I read on a forum that the issue could be resolved by using a Coax output, but I don't have a Coax cable to try this. Also, if we cannot get a 192 kHz output from the optical output, why is this option available in the settings? I am awaiting your assistance. Thank you.

Evet haklısın. Eski Dac birimlerinde toslink'in maksimum 96 kHz sağladığı görülüyor. Ancak 192 kHz kayıt ile 96 kHz kayıt arasında fark olduğunu düşünüyorum. Ancak en önemli faktör master kaydın nasıl yapıldığıdır. Saldırı modunda Stereo olarak mı kaydedildi, yoksa birden fazla devre ve filtre aracılığıyla elektronik olarak mı kaydedildi? Bu çok önemli. İyi bir Hi-Fi kaydı mükemmel ses verirken, zayıf bir kayıt doğal olarak çok kötü ses çıkarır. Yardımınız için teşekkür ederiz.

It does indeed seem that neither of your current dacs support more than 96khz on optical.
There's no harm in trying (half of) the supplied rca cable from the wiim coax digital out to your dac's coax in.
I'd fully expect the optical to work up to 192 with the denafrips.

I bet you can't wait.. :)
Well, I know you can't, hence trying it now and being very disappointed!
Let us know how it goes.
When I connected the RCA cable that came with the Wiim Pro Plus as Coaxial to the M2 Tech Evo Dac, I was able to get a 192 kHz output. However, I couldn't get it with the Quad Cdp2. It is confirmed that the Quad supports up to 96 kHz. Additionally, it has become clear that there is no issue with the Wiim Pro Plus providing at least a 196 kHz output as Coaxial. Now, I am waiting for my Denafrips device to arrive. I am curious about how the performance will be when using the Wiim Pro Plus and Denafrips Ares 12 together. My Pre Amp is the Quad Qc24 with tubes, my Power Amp is the Quad 909, and my Speakers are the tower type Quad 22L2 with upgraded internal wiring using Cardas.
Thanks for the help :)

Denafrips muhtemelen optik bağlantı yoluyla 24/192'ye ulaşabilecek. İlgili bir DAC olan Müzisyen Draco'm var. Optik bağlantı 24/192'ye ulaşır. Ne yazık ki Wiim pro ile Draco arasındaki eş eksenli bağlantı yalnızca 24/96'ya kadar çıkıyor. Draco'ya diğer kaynaklarla eş eksenli olarak 24/192 elde edebildim, ancak Wiim ile başaramadım. Koaksiyel giriş aracılığıyla 24/192'de Denafrips'le nasıl anlaşacağınızı merak ediyorum.
Denafrips Ares 12'm geldiğinde performansını birlikte değerlendireceğiz. Teşekkür ederim.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear but I am connecting the Pro straight into the Naim nDAC which is a separate unit to the ND5XS. The specs of the nDAC are below so it should be good to handle the 192/24.
I run a WiiM Pro into a Naim nDAC too. I'm very happy with it. I'm using a silver Audioquest coax cable at the moment. I also have an Oyaide silver BNC cable which is also great (I moved it to a better source). Coax is a better connection on the nDAC than Toslink. I played with the Toslink when I first got the Pro and had some problems with 192kHz too. If I recall correctly, the cable that came with the Pro passed 192 but my spendy glass Lifatec Toslink cable wouldn't.

I'm curious if there will be any reason for me to upgrage to the WiiM Ultra when it's available. I'm also hoping the Ultra thread is unlocked soon and is more civil!

Back