192 kHz stopped working after last update

TheLastMan

WiiM Pro into Chord Qutest DAC using optical out. I have previously been playing Amazon music at 24/192 without a problem, but since the last update there is no sound when setting it to either 24/192 or 16/192. All other settings work fine, including 24/96. I have tried a factory reset to no avail. Anybody else had this issue?

I am pretty sure it isn't the Chord Qutest which is designed to work with input streams at up to 768 kHz. Not a major problem but would be good to have 192 kHz back.

My WiiM pro is playing Amazon music normally at 24/192 of light output. For this reason, I think we need to consider causes other than WiiM devices.

A few questions.
Is the test audio silent at 24/192?
Have you tried reconnecting the optical cable?
Have you tried other optical cables?
Did you unplug the DAC and reboot it?

WiiM Pro into Chord Qutest DAC using optical out. I have previously been playing Amazon music at 24/192 without a problem, but since the last update there is no sound when setting it to either 24/192 or 16/192. All other settings work fine, including 24/96. I have tried a factory reset to no avail. Anybody else had this issue?

I am pretty sure it isn't the Chord Qutest which is designed to work with input streams at up to 768 kHz. Not a major problem but would be good to have 192 kHz back.
Nothing else changed?
Not accidentially knocked the lead?
Still plugged in tight both ends?
Not tightly coiled?
Got another optical lead to try?

My WiiM pro is playing Amazon music normally at 24/192 of light output. For this reason, I think we need to consider causes other than WiiM devices.

A few questions.
Is the test audio silent at 24/192?
Have you tried reconnecting the optical cable?
Have you tried other optical cables?
Did you unplug the DAC and reboot it?
Once again, pipped to the post (pun intended)!

Nothing else changed?
Not accidentially knocked the lead?
Still plugged in tight both ends?
Not tightly coiled?
Got another optical lead to try?
Thanks, reading this and other posts I realised it was likely to be the cable. I am using the cable that came with the WiiM which seems to have a good track record so tried checking the connections first

Plugged in firmly at both ends so that wasn't it. Cleaned the ends with a lens cleaning wipe, and tried the test tone and got some crackles so felt I was on the right track. Then tried using a lint-free microfiber cloth and voila! All working fine at 192 kHz, and I know what to do if it stops again.

I tidied up the cables during the holidays and I suspect I may have touched one of the cable ends with a finger.

Last edited:
Back