New setup, can't get 24 bit, 192 kHz to stream

David604

Hi, I setup a new Wiim Pro Plus today, using the included optical cable to a Denon X3700H.
I am able to play the test audio with 192 kHz and 24 bits set, but when I stream Amazon Music(subscribed to Amazon Music Unlimited) the status shows only :
HD 1157 kbps, 16 bits, 44.1 kHz or Ultra HD 1616 kbps, 24 bits 44.1 kHz
Shouldn't it indicate 24 bit 192 kHz if I am getting the desired output?
I'm pretty sure there is nothing on the Denon to change, I have set it to Stereo and Pure direct.
Any tips appreciated...

Hi, I setup a new Wiim Pro Plus today, using the included optical cable to a Denon X3700H.
I am able to play the test audio with 192 kHz and 24 bits set, but when I stream Amazon Music(subscribed to Amazon Music Unlimited) the status shows only :
I'm pretty sure there is nothing on the Denon to change, I have set it to Stereo and Pure direct.
Any tips appreciated...
Wiim app, device settings, amazon alexa settings.
Is hd/uhd enabled?
And - are the tracks you're playing in 24/192?

Wiim will show the sample rate of the stream it's getting, i.e. the incoming music's sample rate.
Only a small percentage of any streaming service's catalog is in high sample rates.

The settings you choose for the test audio control whether the wiim downsamples what it gets so that it outputs something your dac can process.
e.g. if your dac only supported 96khz max then you would set that in the wiim app, then if a 192 track came in from Amazon the wiim would only send out 96 to your dac so that it still worked.

Wiim app, device settings, amazon alexa settings.
Is hd/uhd enabled?
And - are the tracks you're playing in 24/192?
Yes, DH/UHD set to on in the 3 locations?
I assume yes, is there a way to check? I search for top res songs on Amazon and tried those...

Yes, DH/UHD set to on in the 3 locations?
I assume yes, is there a way to check? I search for top res songs on Amazon and tried those...
How are you playing the music?
From within tthe wiim app, or from within the Amazon app and then choosing the wiim as a cast device?
If the latter, does the wiim device icon look square or round?

if trying to cast from the Amazon app, have you set up amazon alexa in the wiim app?

In the wiim home app. Browse menu, music services, amazon alexa.
You should then see a 'round' cast icon for the wiim in the amazon app.

How are you playing the music?
From within tthe wiim app, or from within the Amazon app and then choosing the wiim as a cast device?
If the latter, does the wiim device icon look square or round?
From within the Wiim app. I allowed Access to Amazon Music

if trying to cast from the Amazon app, have you set up amazon alexa in the wiim app?

In the wiim home app. Browse menu, music services, amazon alexa.
You should then see a 'round' cast icon for the wiim in the amazon app.
The other method provides the same output quality

The implication is that the files you are playing are not high sample rate ones.
What if you just play within the amazon app itself, to your phone / tablet?
What sample rate is shown then?
Interesting
Ultra HD - Track 24 bit / 96kHz
Device - 24-bit - 48 kHz
Output Speaker - 24 bit - 48 kHz

Amazon claims 24bit / 192kHz which I why I first tried testing with them. Do I need to use one of the other services like Tidal, Qobuz to stream the best quality? Thx for your help

The other method provides the same output quality
By other method, you mean casting to the pro from the amazon app?
And once again, the wiim app will show the incoming data rate, not the output rate.
Although as you have set 24/192 in the wiim output settings, they are the same - the wiim will output whatever it gets in, it won't upsample 44khz to 192khz.

For you to be seeing 24/44 that makes me think you are chromecasting to the pro, not alexa casting.
However, with your other settings, it doesn't explain why you are getting 44 max when using amazon from within the wiim app.
Unless the source music is 44khz.

By other method, you mean casting to the pro from the amazon app?
And once again, the wiim app will show the incoming data rate, not the output rate.
Although as you have set 24/192 in the wiim output settings, they are the same - the wiim will output whatever it gets in, it won't upsample 44khz to 192khz.

For you to be seeing 24/44 that makes me think you are chromecasting to the pro, not alexa casting.
However, with your other settings, it doesn't explain why you are getting 44 max when using amazon from within the wiim app.
Unless the source music is 44khz.
Yes, I'm on an iphone. From Amazon Music I can select the tv icon and from there select Wiim Pro or Airplay and then Wiipro. The quality seems to stay the same. I think you are right about the quality is what it is at source.

I can select the tv icon and from there select Wiim Pro
I don't have apple/ios, and no longer have Amazon music, but I'd be interested to see what the wiim pro selection icon looks like.
Might help someone else who does use ios and amazon to help you further too.
I know that when I had it on android the wiim would show up twice, once as chromecast and once as alexacast.
From the rest of the thread, it seems you've done all the steps required for high sample rate alexa casting.

Any tips appreciated...

Attachments

• IMG_6005.jpeg
    IMG_6005.jpeg
    951.7 KB · Views: 17
Hola, hoy configuré un nuevo Wiim Pro Plus, usando el cable óptico incluido a un Denon X3700H.
Puedo reproducir el audio de prueba con 192 kHz y 24 bits configurados, pero cuando transmito Amazon Music (suscrito a Amazon Music Unlimited) el estado solo muestra:
HD 1157 kbps, 16 bits, 44,1 kHz o Ultra HD 1616 kbps, 24 bits 44,1 kHz
¿No debería indicar 24 bits 192 kHz si obtengo la salida deseada?
Estoy bastante seguro de que no hay nada que cambiar en Denon, lo configuré en Estéreo y Puro directo.
Se agradece cualquier consejo...
S la pista qué reproduces no es 24/192 no verás ese estado al reproducir la pista, realmente hay muy pocas pistas 24/192.

Back