How to play 192/24 music from iphone?

NoviceAudiophile

How to play 192/24 music from iphone? I am using the WiiM pro plus supplied optical cable to output music from WiiM pro plus to my old Denon AVR. I have completed the setup in my iPhone to stream at 192/24 and done the setup in WiiM pro plus for audio out optical to play 192/24. However it still shows the music is played at 44.1/16 in the WiiM app - can someone please throw some light here ? / Thank you

How to play 192/24 music from iphone? I am using the WiiM pro plus supplied optical cable to output music from WiiM pro plus to my old Denon AVR. I have completed the setup in my iPhone to stream at 192/24 and done the setup in WiiM pro plus for audio out optical to play 192/24. However it still shows the music is played at 44.1/16 in the WiiM app - can someone please throw some light here ? / Thank you
What are you playing?
Is it a 44.1 file, by any chance...?
The wiim app will show the source file's details.

There's a change in the pipeline to allow the wiim to output a fixed sample rate; i.e. the wiim will up/down sample as required.
Right now the output setting is a max, i.e. the wiim will downsample if necessary.
As you've set the output to 192/24, the wiim will output whatever it gets.
But the wiim app will show what the source file is, not what the output is.

Back