How to play 192/24 music from iphone?

NoviceAudiophile

How to play 192/24 music from iphone? I am using the WiiM pro plus supplied optical cable to output music from WiiM pro plus to my old Denon AVR. I have completed the setup in my iPhone to stream at 192/24 and done the setup in WiiM pro plus for audio out optical to play 192/24. However it still shows the music is played at 44.1/16 in the WiiM app - can someone please throw some light here ? / Thank you

How to play 192/24 music from iphone? I am using the WiiM pro plus supplied optical cable to output music from WiiM pro plus to my old Denon AVR. I have completed the setup in my iPhone to stream at 192/24 and done the setup in WiiM pro plus for audio out optical to play 192/24. However it still shows the music is played at 44.1/16 in the WiiM app - can someone please throw some light here ? / Thank you
What are you playing?
Is it a 44.1 file, by any chance...?
The wiim app will show the source file's details.

There's a change in the pipeline to allow the wiim to output a fixed sample rate; i.e. the wiim will up/down sample as required.
Right now the output setting is a max, i.e. the wiim will downsample if necessary.
As you've set the output to 192/24, the wiim will output whatever it gets.
But the wiim app will show what the source file is, not what the output is.

I was assuming the Novice (not my designation!) was playing local files via the wiim app rather than airplay, but let's wait and see...
My fault. Reading iphone and thinking Apple Music ,-)
Hopefully the novice will give more details.

Back