Tidal Connect issues, will play via WiiM app, not Tidal

MarcDFJ60

WiiM Pro Plus and IOS on iPhone. I can find the WiiM Pro Plus on the Tidal app on my iPhone via Connect and select it, but when I push play in the Tidal app, nothing happens. Tidal app will play music over phone speakers before I select the WiiM via Connect and then nothing after I select it.

I can go through the WiiM app and select Tidal and it will play. I’d like to play through the Tidal app because of the search feature.

I’ve rebooted and deleted the Tidal app on my phone and reinstalled.

I have the same issue. I just got my WiiM Pro Plus. I can play Tidal through the WiiM app but not Tidal Connect. On the Tidal app, I seem to be able to connect to the device but the music does not play when I press the play button.

I am also using an iPhone running the latest iOS 17.3.

My WiiM Pro Plus is updated with the latest software. I have tried rebooting, restarting apps, setting up again, changed my WiFi settings, disabled MQA Beta, but nothing works.

They sent me this, hope it helps someone. I ended up updating my iOS on my phone and it’s working now. It was supposed the be auto updating, but wasn’t .
From Tidal….
We would like to kindly recommend that you follow the next steps on your iOS device:

1. Log out and log in.
  2. Make sure your iOS software is up-to-date.
  3. Force close and restart TIDAL.
  4. Clear your cache.
    1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Find General on the Settings page.
    3. Locate iPhone storage. Here you will see the storage space occupied by all applications on your iPhone, sorted from largest to smallest.
    4. Click the TIDAL app, and then you will see "Offload App" and "Delete App." We recommend selecting both options. (This will uninstall the TIDAL app, and all the downloaded music will be deleted.)
    5. Install the TIDAL app again, and all the cache will be cleared.
  5. Reset your network settings:
    1. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset your iOS device > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

To restore offline content (if needed):

-Go to the "Home" page or the "Profile" page.
-Tap on Settings (gear wheel).
-Tap on "Downloads.
-Tap on "Restore Offline Content."

From your WiiM device, please perform the following steps:

1. Make sure the firmware is up-to-date.
  2. Reset your home Wi-Fi network.
  3. Reset your WiiM device.
  4. Reconnect your WiiMdevice to your network.
  5. If the problem persists, please try with another device (a desktop app, a web player, and, if possible, another mobile device).
  6. Try to set your DNS server to Google's public DNS server (take note of your pre-setting before changing so you can revert it back if you want to).
    1. You can find the steps on how to do sohere.

They sent me this, hope it helps someone. I ended up updating my iOS on my phone and it’s working now. It was supposed the be auto updating, but wasn’t .
From Tidal….
We would like to kindly recommend that you follow the next steps on your iOS device:

1. Log out and log in.
  2. Make sure your iOS software is up-to-date.
  3. Force close and restart TIDAL.
  4. Clear your cache.
    1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Find General on the Settings page.
    3. Locate iPhone storage. Here you will see the storage space occupied by all applications on your iPhone, sorted from largest to smallest.
    4. Click the TIDAL app, and then you will see "Offload App" and "Delete App." We recommend selecting both options. (This will uninstall the TIDAL app, and all the downloaded music will be deleted.)
    5. Install the TIDAL app again, and all the cache will be cleared.
  5. Reset your network settings:
    1. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset your iOS device > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

To restore offline content (if needed):

-Go to the "Home" page or the "Profile" page.
-Tap on Settings (gear wheel).
-Tap on "Downloads.
-Tap on "Restore Offline Content."

From your WiiM device, please perform the following steps:

1. Make sure the firmware is up-to-date.
  2. Reset your home Wi-Fi network.
  3. Reset your WiiM device.
  4. Reconnect your WiiMdevice to your network.
  5. If the problem persists, please try with another device (a desktop app, a web player, and, if possible, another mobile device).
  6. Try to set your DNS server to Google's public DNS server (take note of your pre-setting before changing so you can revert it back if you want to).
    1. You can find the steps on how to do sohere.
Thank you for sharing. I deleted my Tidal downloads within the app followed by the app itself and reinstalled Tidal on my iPhone. After that, Tidal Connect works. All good now. Thank you for your help.

I have a similar issue to the above.
No problems using Spotify or Airplay but since yesterday when I use Tidal Connect it won't play.
I appear to connect to the Wiim Pro but play stops and pressing play on my iPhone does nothing
When I look in the Wiim app nothing shows (playing or paused)
As said I use an iPhone but behaviour is exactly the same using Tidal Connect from my iPad
I have cleared cache and reinstalled the app on my phone
Wiim Pro is up to date
Use ethernet but switching to WiFi made no difference
Tidal Connect is the reason I switched to Wiim, am about to buy a Wiim amp but having some doubts now

Note I have just been able to play Tidal from within the Wiim app and that seems to have reset the Pro. All back to normal.

Last edited:
I have a similar issue to the above.
No problems using Spotify or Airplay but since yesterday when I use Tidal Connect it won't play.
I appear to connect to the Wiim Pro but play stops and pressing play on my iPhone does nothing
When I look in the Wiim app nothing shows (playing or paused)
As said I use an iPhone but behaviour is exactly the same using Tidal Connect from my iPad
I have cleared cache and reinstalled the app on my phone
Wiim Pro is up to date
Use ethernet but switching to WiFi made no difference
Tidal Connect is the reason I switched to Wiim, am about to buy a Wiim amp but having some doubts now

Note I have just been able to play Tidal from within the Wiim app and that seems to have reset the Pro. All back to normal.
In 2023 this fault never occurred for me. Tidal iOS app with Tidal Connect is my preferred option for many reasons and I have bought a WiiM Pro Plus based on the flawless experience I had with Tidal Connect and my Auralic Aries Mini and first WiiM Pro. This “Tidal Connect playback won’t start on WiiM” issue has been happening for me and someone else I know on and off since early 2024.

In case it helps others with finding the root of the issue I’ll share my experiences and the quick fix that always works for me.

Tidal connect to either my WiiM Pro or my WiiM Pro Plus from the Tidal App and the track shows up (ipad and iPhone) as if it ready to play but the play button does not do anything. It is noteworthy that the bug can be on one WiiM device while the other WiiM in the same home will connect/play/stop/disconnect fine (I’ve not been trying to use them simultaneously). Either WiiM can be the one to fail. [I stop play on the first one before switching the tidal connect target device to avoid any potential concurrent streaming issue]. I tried the lengthy fix option like the one earlier in this thread the first time it happened then when it happened the second and subsequent times I realised simply going into Tidal App:Tidal Settings:Log Out then logging back in fixes it without need for any other action. This intermittent issue has persisted through several Tidal App updates and WiiM updates.

I know somebody else in a different household who experiences the same Tidal Connect iOS <> WiiM not playing issue but with the WiiM Mini and a completely different router/network setup/internet provider. Their setup is a single WiiM, single iOS device and no other Tidal Connect device.

I also have an Auralic Aries Mini I use with Tidal Connect from time to time and the Tidal Connect won’t start issue has never occurred on that device.

Notes: Tidal can still AirPlay to the WiiM products while the Tidal Connect is out of action, pending the user log out/log in fix.
It occurred to me that with 2 WiiMs and 2 iOS devices Tidal may have become confused and think I was already running tidal somewhere else. However I can say for sure on most if not all occasions, the fault has come on the same WiiM I was using successfully without having used the other WiiM or Auralic in between.

I only own 1 Wiim and one other Streamer. I did wonder if the account was the issue but no problem playing direct on my phone or the other streamer. Just feels like something getting stuck in the Wiim and needing a poke. Thank you the useful insight.

Back