Pro Plus issues with EQ and dropouts

river24

I reported a couple of problems to support, via the app, on 10th Sept but they seem to have given up responding completely, after their initial automated reply

1) when I click on EQ, which is enabled, and then attempt to change any parameter, the sound output immediately cuts out and I notice that the audio input changes from my chosen setting of optical to wifi. If I then change it back to optical, the sound returns. Rinse and repeat.

2) When I first started using my new Pro Plus a few weeks ago, I noticed that the sound would often drop volume for a brief microsecond, maybe once or twice an hour approx. A few weeks later, it still does the same but not as often as before. There has, in the interim, been an app and firmware update or two, which I suppose could explain the slight improvement. Yet the dropouts do remain, albeit less.

I currently do not stream anything and have a simple chain of PC -> Matrix 2 DDC ->optical-> Wiim Pro Plus optical input. Before purchasing the Wiim, I had the exact same chain other than the same optical cable was connected to either a Topping E50 or RME ADI-2 dac. There were no drop outs or other issues at all previously. My outputs from the Wiim are spdif coaxial and line out and I alternate between the two, but mainly use the former.

Any advice appreciated before regrettably returning it to amazon...

Last edited:
I reported a couple of problems to support, via the app, on 10th Sept but they seem to have given up responding completely, after their initial automated reply

1) when I click on EQ, which is enabled, and then attempt to change any parameter, the sound output immediately cuts out and I notice that the audio input changes from my chosen setting of optical to wifi. If I then change it back to optical, the sound returns. Rinse and repeat.

2) When I first started using my new Pro Plus a few weeks ago, I noticed that the sound would often drop volume for a brief microsecond, maybe once or twice an hour approx. A few weeks later, it still does the same but not as often as before. There has, in the interim, been an app and firmware update or two, which I suppose could explain the slight improvement. Yet the dropouts do remain, albeit less.

I currently do not stream anything and have a simple chain of PC -> Matrix 2 DDC ->optical-> Wiim Pro Plus optical input. Before purchasing the Wiim, I had the exact same chain other than the same optical cable was connected to either a Topping E50 or RME ADI-2 dac. There were no drop outs or other issues at all previously. My outputs from the Wiim are spdif coaxial and line out and I alternate between the two, but mainly use the former.

Any advice appreciated before regrettably returning it to amazon...
Hi River24,

Apologies for the delayed response. We've identified a bug in our Android App that's causing the first issue you mentioned. Rest assured, an update will roll out early next week to fix it. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

Hey thanks ..Okay, good to know.

The drop outs are admittedly a lot less than previously. Still, I'm interested in what might be causing them.

I've noticed that there are numerous bugs to sort out especially since the new update! Unstable at this point.
Maybe it came out a bit too soon.

Hey thanks ..Okay, good to know.

The drop outs are admittedly a lot less than previously. Still, I'm interested in what might be causing them.
Hi river24,

We've reviewed your feedback and recommend setting your WiiM Pro Plus Coaxial output to its maximum resolution of 192k/24-bit, provided your downstream device is compatible. Right now, it's set to 48k/24-bit. Please test this out and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

I've noticed that there are numerous bugs to sort out especially since the new update! Unstable at this point.
Maybe it came out a bit too soon.
Hi Malkie,

Thanks for your input and we totally hear you. It looks like we have a few wrinkles to iron out. Rest assured, our team is working diligently to address these issues and provide a more stable experience. Your patience and feedback are invaluable to us. Look out for fixes coming soon!

We've reviewed your feedback and recommend setting your WiiM Pro Plus Coaxial output to its maximum resolution of 192k/24-bit, provided your downstream device is compatible. Right now, it's set to 48k/24-bit. Please test this out and let us know how it goes. Thanks!
It works! thanks :D

@WiiM Support

it's still doing it, albeit just the once after a few hours listening.:(

recommend setting your WiiM Pro Plus Coaxial output to its maximum resolution of 192k/24-bit, provided your downstream device is compatible

My downstream devices are, via Wiim's coaxial output, a pair of Neuman KH120II that has its own internal DAC fixed at 48k/24-bit (non adjustable). And, via Wiim's line out, to a Sabaj headphone amp. I need to double check whether any dropouts occur with the headphone amp. I think it may have been previously.

I'm still wondering whether to return to amazon, as deadline is end of this week.

Last edited:
Back