Wiim pro plus coax dropouts

steadyshot

Major Contributor
I have constant signal dropouts with Wiim pro plus and coaxial connection. Audio is cutting out intermittently and continuously resulting in a corrupted signal.

I have factory reseted Wiim pro plus and my roksan attessa integrated .

Made sure the connections were firm in both sides .

Tried both coaxial inputs .

The cable is new qed coaxial performance .

No eq 100% volume fixed 100 volume limit . 24/192 setting .

I did not have problems using it as a dac and with optical out .

I am going crazy please help

Ticket : 493796 @WiiM Support

Last edited:
I went to my dealer this evening . He didn’t have the attessa but a mac9500 . We plugged Wiim pro plus with my coax it played ok only in the beginning it had a static but not disconnects and then cleared . So it is not pro plus . I will change the pcb on my attessa (improved version) but in the meantime until monitor audio sends the new pcb I can operate Wiim with rcas

Last edited:
I'm using v90 dac, but whenever I use coaxial the music breaks off intermittently.

v90 dac coaxial output 24bit/192khz wim pro

If you play it with a test song on an app, there are times when it goes well

There are times when it's disconnected.

The cable is a 75 ohm coaxial cable I made.

I wonder if there is no solution.

I'm using v90 dac, but whenever I use coaxial the music breaks off intermittently.

v90 dac coaxial output 24bit/192khz wim pro

If you play it with a test song on an app, there are times when it goes well

There are times when it's disconnected.

The cable is a 75 ohm coaxial cable I made.

I wonder if there is no solution.
In my case it never played well either on test track or on music . It played with another amplifier without disconnecting . I am waiting for a pcb replacement for my amp that would probably solve this issue which has a different ground topology and it is improved all around . If not I don’t know . Do you have this issue with plus and not with other devices ?

Really interesting thread I’ve just got a pro plus and so far all good however just using the analogue outs to. Yamaha AS501, and I’ve noticed an increased bass, which is fine with me for the music I’ve listened to so far, the thread is prompting me to try both optical out and coax to see if there are any issues I can then use the AS501 dac and I also have a benchmark dac1 hdr so can use that one too , seems like Sunday becomes experimental time

My Wiim Pro plus also has drop outs when using the coaxial output. It only happens with 24/192k. It has no problem with 24/96k. The optical out is able to handle 24/192k without issues.
MY DAC is the Musician Draco. The Pro plus streams Amazon Music HD Ultra. As I said it works perfectly with optical.
It seems that I'm not the only one with this issue. Has anyone found a cure for this? Does the older Pro model have the same Problem?

My Wiim Pro plus also has drop outs when using the coaxial output. It only happens with 24/192k. It has no problem with 24/96k. The optical out is able to handle 24/192k without issues.
MY DAC is the Musician Draco. The Pro plus streams Amazon Music HD Ultra. As I said it works perfectly with optical.
It seems that I'm not the only one with this issue. Has anyone found a cure for this? Does the older Pro model have the same Problem?
When it happens, it’s imperative that you raise a ticket to WiiM so they can insect your device logs to see if it’s an issue at their end. I run my WiiM Pro over coax into my Linn MDSM/4 and haven’t noticed such an issue - it may be down to particular DACs.
Have you tried another cable?

When it happens, it’s imperative that you raise a ticket to WiiM so they can insect your device logs to see if it’s an issue at their end. I run my WiiM Pro over coax into my Linn MDSM/4 and haven’t noticed such an issue - it may be down to particular DACs.
Have you tried another cable?
I have tried another cable. Since you asked, I tried it again. One cable works fine with just a short skip occasionally. The other cable had much more frequent and longer gaps. The thing is that they are both about 2 feet long and dedicated digital coax 75 ohm. I have a suspicion it could be a signal strength issue with the Wiim??? I have ordered 2 new cables that should be here in a few days...stay tuned.

I have tried another cable. Since you asked, I tried it again. One cable works fine with just a short skip occasionally. The other cable had much more frequent and longer gaps. The thing is that they are both about 2 feet long and dedicated digital coax 75 ohm. I have a suspicion it could be a signal strength issue with the Wiim??? I have ordered 2 new cables that should be here in a few days...stay tuned.
What cables ?

Have you installed the latest firmware on the Roksan?

Have you tried a lower resolution to see if the problem goes away?

Last edited:
Since my last post I've tried several normal audio rca cables for the coax output. Some were almost the same and the monoprice rca cable was awful. It is only 1 ft long and could only hold the signal for a few seconds before having long dropouts. I think this is way to dicey for such a short cable it should carry the signal without issue. Anyway, since I don't have another DAC with coaxial input I may get a converter from optical to coaxial to see if that cures it...just for trouble shootings sake.
About the analog RCA outputs being connected making a difference??? Just double check that you're not getting the WiiM dac signal to your amp.

Shortest cable is not always the best option for a digital coax one when impedance mismatch is present. Sometimes longer cable can work better in such circumstances.

Since my last post I've tried several normal audio rca cables for the coax output. Some were almost the same and the monoprice rca cable was awful. It is only 1 ft long and could only hold the signal for a few seconds before having long dropouts. I think this is way to dicey for such a short cable it should carry the signal without issue. Anyway, since I don't have another DAC with coaxial input I may get a converter from optical to coaxial to see if that cures it...just for trouble shootings sake.
About the analog RCA outputs being connected making a difference??? Just double check that you're not getting the WiiM dac signal to your amp.
You cannot confuse the line out with coax. You need to select the output from Wiim and input from dac

Back